• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Soft Smoked-Green Look ~ First Tutorial Ever!

Jenneh

Hey guys, so this is my first tutorial ever so any sort of critique or comments would be well appreciated! =D I did this look last night before going to bed so I didn’t bother reapplying any of my makeup aside from the eyes and lips. So just ignore how bad everything else looks, please. =P Instead of the usual straight black or brown smokey eye, I did more of a green one. Hope you guys like it!

tools.jpg

Face - prior to this application:
Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
Clinique All About Eyes
Lancome Aqua Fusion Cream with SPF 15
Prescriptives Custom Blend Concealer
Nars Bronzer in Laguna
Nars Blush in Orgasm

Eyes:
MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing
Lancome Colour Focus Palette 4 Ombres in 4Edge (all colors except the bronzey gold)
Lancome Color Design in Statuesque
MAC Fluidline in Blitz & Glitz

Lips:
Cover Girl Trushine Lipstick in Petal Shine (beautiful sheer nude color with soft sparkles! it lightly mutes my natural lip color although it still appears to be really pink in the pictures. T_T)

Tools:
Sonia Kashuk Medium? Eyeshadow Brush
Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush (meant for smudging, but works wonders for those precise and hard to reach places =P)
Sonia Kashuk Bented Eyeliner Brush

Step 1: Apply the MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing to the entire eyelid up into the crease as this will act as a base for the shadows (I forgot to take a picture of this step along with many other steps xD).

Step 2: With the Sonia Kashuk Medium Eyeshadow Brush apply the Light Green color from the Lancome quad all-over the eyelid area into the crease.
lgmedbrush.jpg

1.jpg

Step 3: With the same brush (you can wipe it down first if you'd like or switch to a different brush, but I was lazy so I didn't bother to), apply the Dark Green shadow to the outer corners.
dgmedbrush.jpg

2.jpg

Step 4: Now blend that sucker! You can use the wind-wiping motion (was that what it was called?) to do this step, but be sure to really blend it into the crease. You can also switch brushes and use a blending brush (ie. Sonia Kashuk Blending Brush, MAC #217, #224, etc.) to this step, but like I said before, I was lazy so I just kept with the same brush.
3.jpg

Step 5: Using the shadestick again, apply Beige-ing to the lower lashline, this will act as a base (you can't really see it in the picture, but it's there).
4.jpg

Step 6: Now grab a Smudge Brush (or any small precision brush for that matter such as the MAC #219) and pick up some of the Light Green eyeshadow and apply it to the entire lower lashline.
lgsmudgebrush.jpg

Step 7: With the same brush again, grab some of the Dark Green shadow and apply it to the outer lashline and be sure to blend the two colors together where they meet!
5.jpg

Step 8: Now with the Medium Eyeshadow Brush again, grab some of the Highlighter color and apply it to your brow bone, blending it lightly into the crease.
highlightmedbrush.jpg

7highlight.jpg

Step 9 - Done: You can finish at this step if you'd like and just add eyeliner, mascara, etc., but I like to add a bit more depth to it (notice the picture in this doesn't have any highlighting on the brow bone because I took it prior to applying the highlight and I forgot to take another picture).
6done.jpg

Step 10: Now with the Medium Eyeshadow Brush, pick up some of the dark grey/black shadow in Statuesque and apply it to the outer-V along with the top lashline and blend, blend blend! You can also apply some Statuesque to the lower lashline if you'd like, I did so with the Smudge Brush.
blkmedbrush.jpg

8.jpg

blksmudgebrush.jpg

Step 11: Now with the Bented Eyeliner Brush apply MAC Fluidline in Blitz & Glitz to the upper and lower lashline (word of advice, when you do your makeup, unless your prescription isn't very bad and you can still see oh say 3+ inches in front of you clearly, wear your contacts! I didn't have any contacts in and with my heavy prescription I was blind most of the time doing this look, so you can see the jagged eyelining because of the blindness xD).
9closed.jpg

9open.jpg

Step 12 - DONE!: Curl your eyelashes, apply mascara, slap on your lipstick and you're done! (I forgot to curl and apply mascara to my lashes since I was about to go to bed anyway xD).
done.jpg

Voila! A soft smokey-green look in just 12 easy steps (it looks more grayish than green in this photo, dunnno why)! =D Hope you guys liked! And tell me what you think! =)
finaldone.jpg

P.S. Sorry about the quality of the pictures! They were all taken on my LG Chocolate camera phone so they're blurry since I sent them to my inbox and then retrieved them through the computer. =\

doniad101

Thank you for posting! Awesome tut! I just bought a lot of green shadows recently and you've taught me another way to use them! Thanks!
thmbup.gif