Solar Bits....can we press them like pigments???!!

HOTasFCUK

Has anybody tried pressing the Solar Bits like some people press pigments? I wonder if they would work out since everyone says the best pressed pigments are the ones that "ball up". Plus, it might be easier to work with!!! Somebody please try this!!! I just ordered 3 solar bits from eBay & i will pick up Black Ore when its released here on Thursday but i'm really curious about this! Thanks!

Ohhh and i will definetly try this out once i get them!!! Since there's 4 of them, i can make a quad! I'm just scared i'll use up all the product though!

GlamYOURUs

Yes you can but it will lose its 'effect'
They may be better pressed and come out as a normal shadow. Try it and tell us the outcome!

Lizzie

That's an interesting question. I wonder if anyone has tried it.
Although, I feel like the lure of the solar bits are that they are in fact "bits".

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Yes you can but it will lose its 'effect'
They may be better pressed and come out as a normal shadow. Try it and tell us the outcome!

exactly! there are two ways to use them. use the small pieces for a softer effect, or smush up the larger pieces for more drama. pressing them would destroy the larger pieces. besides, you would end up using the entire container to press them, and if it doesn't work, your out the product and the $19.50.

i wouldn't recommend it.

janelovesyou

Yeah, I asked this in the Neo Sci Fi thread but I came to my own conclusion once I actually got my hands on a jar. I was not willing to waste all of that product trying to see since you don't get very much in the first place.

HOTasFCUK

I figured that it would use up a lot of it especially since everyone says the jar is so small! The collection is here tomorrow! I can't wait to finally get them! I also thought that since you have to crush them anyways, it would be okay to press them! Maybe i'll try a tiny one with Bronzescape since i think its my least fave outta the 4!