Solar Bits Question?

Ciani

So I just received my Solar Bits in Impassioned and Bronzescape today and first I opened Bronzescape....well I expected to see it at about half full because of all the people talking about being upset about that....but then I opened my Impassioned and I saw the bottom of the container!

I thought maybe I just had to tap it so it was even but even after flattening it out it still looked way under the halfway mark.....can I call them about this?? I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered so not sure what to do.

gildedangel

You can certainly call them about it, but they will probably just tell you that they are sold by weight and that you got as much as everyone else. Personally I don't like them anyway, I think that they are a ripoff in both quantity and quality, they are like super chunky un-pigmented pigments to me! I would try to call them about it, it can't hurt!
smiles.gif

II3rinII

yeah its done by weight, i know how you feel though, i just got my pro order which was several of the neon pigments and the yellow one was like 1/2 half. im a mac employee, and i was pissed, i can only imagine how our customers feel.

Ciani

I guess I will wait, I actually kind of like the bronzescape one (it looks really sparkly on my skin which I'm a sparkles lover lol) which I made the mistake it was that one that was less than half full, impassioned was actually pretty full when I got a better look at it. I'll have to order Scatterray now because I'm silly and want to own all the pigment type MAC stuff lol. I was thinking of ordering a backup of the bronzescape and seeing if it's the same amount and just to have one for when this one runs out. Thanks for the for help on this one guys
smiles.gif
!

LMD84

i love pigments but am not into the solar bits. i think they're difficult to work with so can't be bothered.

i have some pigments that are not full to the top. vintage gold for example! that was only half full when i got it. sometimes i wish things weren't sold by weight!

zumzum

I have Bronzescape and Scatterrays too. I will upload a pics about them in a few hour (the battery of my cam is charging) B. seems less than S.

I didn't buy Impassioned, cause I was not been impressed by the colour.

BunnyBunnyBunny

I wish they would put them in the Pigment Charms/Trialsize vials. Seems like better packaging for the amount of product.

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumzum
Here are my solar bits:

Thanks zumzum! Your bronzescape is about as full as mine is, I really want to get the scatterray still!

dlongmo

I love the colors, but afraid they will be chunky and bother my eyes. I too wish they were more like pigments.

sfmakeupjunkie

I know that MAC says you can just run a brush over these for a wash of color but I just don't see the point. All you get is fall out and barely any color.

However when you crush the bits and swirl them around on your brush they turn very creamy and pay off beautifully.

I was not a big fan of these until I played around with them. The fill level is low but I need a tiny amount of product to get great results so I imagine they will last a long time.