Solutions for dried-out gel liners

swaly

I bought many CS gel liners and found that while most of them came in great condition, a few were dry enough that they were rattling slightly around in their jar--usable, but stiff. I was also sure many of them would dry out in the near future, so I thought I'd start experimenting.

I'd heard some people put in a drop of olive oil to revive it, but I am always iffy about using food oils/vegetable oils in cosmetics because while nourishing, they also go rancid quickly. I use gel liners so slowly, I didn't want the olive oil turning bad.

So I took out my food-grade mineral oil which I use for curing my cutting boards in the kitchen, and put a drop in "Feline" and "Ecstasy". I let the mineral oil (it should be the THICK goopy kind, not baby oil) get into the cracks around the edges. I then let it sit for a few hours.

When I went back, the mineral oil had totally absorbed, and the liner was soft again. I suspected it might have less staying power because I added the oil, and I was half-right. While it's not as indelible as before, it's definitely not greasy or slippery. The Ecstasy actually stays put, but Feline smudges a tiny bit.

Worth it, imo.

If you guys have other or better solutions, please post them here!

I once put a bit of warm water into a dried out HIP liner and it actually revived it a bit.

Junkie

I'd heard of Visine and Distilled Water as well (not tap or spring).

Maybe some mixing medium as well - MAC or otherwise.

Caderas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Wow thanks for this. My HiP liner has seen better days.

i know what you mean!! i had to throw away my black liner today because i can only get one eye done before it seems to get drier and crumbly
ssad.gif

i might have to try one of those solutions for the heck of it! Fix+ DOES NOT work on the HIP liners though, fyi!

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caderas
i know what you mean!! i had to throw away my black liner today because i can only get one eye done before it seems to get drier and crumbly
ssad.gif

i might have to try one of those solutions for the heck of it! Fix+ DOES NOT work on the HIP liners though, fyi!

OMG I this close to throwing out my black liner from HiP. I love it because its really black but its just so dry and today it flaked on me when I was applying it.
angry.gif

kimmietrinh

I haven't tried it...but if you can get NYC loose eyeshadow/liner kit, there is a small tube of mixer to make the eyeliner, mix it in and see if it works?

Latest posts