Solutions for SUPER pigmented lips please!

Babylard

So I was at school with parrot eyes and walking home. I overheard these 2 snobs saying how I look like a total whore because I had "Bold eyes with bold lips... what a trashy look." I don't take it personally because these girls were bare-faced.

Uhh... I had 3N lipstick + 2N lipglass... I don't quite understand why that is "bold" but i'm guessing my uber rosey-plum lips give the illusion of darker lips.

So far I've tried using concealer on my lips uhh yeah.. it made my lips chap and I don't tink concealer is safe to eat.

Any suggestings on how I can neutralize my lips? I would love to be able to get true nude lips.

Thanks,
Anna

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Several companies make a concealer-like product for the lips to tone down the color. They are pretty effective.

where can I get one? i never heard of any concealers made specifically for the lips.

Seeking Refuge

MAC makes their own, but it can only be bought through the Pro store. You could try calling a free standing store. I've heard of them carrying a few odd Pro items once in a great while ...

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking Refuge
MAC makes their own, but it can only be bought through the Pro store. You could try calling a free standing store. I've heard of them carrying a few odd Pro items once in a great while ...

thanks, i had no idea that MAC made one! i'll look into it. is it any good?

MACATTAK

It's called Mac Lip Erase. I'm not sure how it works, but most of Mac's products are pretty dang good
smiles.gif

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
It's called Mac Lip Erase. I'm not sure how it works, but most of Mac's products are pretty dang good
smiles.gif

LOL thanks. I was gonna run into a wall because i couldnt find what it was called
ssad.gif

sparklingmuse

i use benefits 'lip plump'. its the same nude shade and mac pro lip erase. and its ALOT easier to find. my closest mac pro store i like 2 hours away. so the benefit one is way more accesible. and its in liquid form and the same size as a mac lipglass. so i like it better than mac's which is in a pot.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklingmuse
i use benefits 'lip plump'. its the same nude shade and mac pro lip erase. and its ALOT easier to find. my closest mac pro store i like 2 hours away. so the benefit one is way more accesible. and its in liquid form and the same size as a mac lipglass. so i like it better than mac's which is in a pot.

benefit may be easier to get if ur in the u.s. im in canada and i've only seen minimal benefit products at the shopper's drug mart boo...

iluvmac

I use Mac's Lip Erase, it does wonders! There are only two shades, with your lip color I'd choose Dim.

marreyes38

omg m totally buying it too...some of you girls said a nude lip with a smokey eye would look nice on me and i've tried doing it but i can never get the nude lip just right because my lips are so pink...=]

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklingmuse
i use benefits 'lip plump'. its the same nude shade and mac pro lip erase. and its ALOT easier to find.

ive used this and find that its rubbish, it neutralizes a lil bit but when i put any lip product on top it flaked so my lips looked diseased. i guess it must work for you though

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
I use Mac's Lip Erase, it does wonders! There are only two shades, with your lip color I'd choose Dim.

thanks! lol i was not sure which one to get if i am ever able to get through to the mac pro canada :/

VioletB

Try a lipstick that is fairly light in color.. One suggestion is to use clear lipgloss under the lipstick so you don't get such a "chalky" look. One of my favorite lipsticks is Myth. I always put on clear lipgloss (I like the minty ones from bath and body works
smiles.gif
) and then put Myth on top so it doesn't go on full strength. Another fun lipstick is Tanarama but you have to be careful because it doesn't really have any pinkish tones to it like Myth and it can make you look dead.. LOL By doing it this way you don't have to worry about too many products and having to reapply them every time you put on your l/s. One tip too.. putting on l/g before l/s tends to make it fade faster so be sure to check the mirror now and then.
smiles.gif
HTH!!

Trista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Hey, you shouldn't care what the total snobs say!!! (Lips are so important!)

I totally agree with kuuipo. Dont' worry about what those girls said. Look however makes you feel comfortable. There's are always gonna be someone who doesn't like how you look and you can't please everyone.
As for the rosey lips you have- I am envious. So I consider you to be lucky. And wearing bold eyes with those N lipstick colors I'm sure you looked fab!
winks.gif

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista
I totally agree with kuuipo. Dont' worry about what those girls said. Look however makes you feel comfortable. There's are always gonna be someone who doesn't like how you look and you can't please everyone.
As for the rosey lips you have- I am envious. So I consider you to be lucky. And wearing bold eyes with those N lipstick colors I'm sure you looked fab!
winks.gif

oh thank you! you are too sweet
smiles.gif
N lipsticks are beautiful! i accidentally ordered 2N lipgloss instead of 2N lipstick though... i dont wanna return it haha

its funny how we can be envious of features we don't have because I am envious of you light-coloured lip girls!.. or guys haha... that reminds me.. why is it that boys have the longest, lushest lashes? :[

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Try a lipstick that is fairly light in color.. One suggestion is to use clear lipgloss under the lipstick so you don't get such a "chalky" look. One of my favorite lipsticks is Myth. I always put on clear lipgloss (I like the minty ones from bath and body works
smiles.gif
) and then put Myth on top so it doesn't go on full strength. Another fun lipstick is Tanarama but you have to be careful because it doesn't really have any pinkish tones to it like Myth and it can make you look dead.. LOL By doing it this way you don't have to worry about too many products and having to reapply them every time you put on your l/s. One tip too.. putting on l/g before l/s tends to make it fade faster so be sure to check the mirror now and then.
smiles.gif
HTH!!

thanks for the tip. i should try this with nudes. i sometimes wear lipstick over tendertones and its true that lipsticks fade faster over glosses >__<

i have archetype that makes me look dead ugh. i totally know what you mean... lol the brownness clashes with my rosey-plum lips >_>