Some pigments like Cornflower, Azreal Blue, Pinked Mauve,...

chermosa

Hey Girls,

I'm always to shy to post here, because my english is not so good, but now I need your help.

I bought some pigments of one seller (cosmeticland0) but I'm not sure, if they are real. I thought, that they look real, but after reading that these colors are the most faked ones I need your opinion.

Here are some pictures, if you need more, let me know it
winks.gif

The boxes of Aire-De-Blu, Cornflower and Pink Opal are scratched...

395.jpg

387.jpg

394.jpg

393.jpg

396.jpg

388.jpg

I forgot the bottom of this pigment but it looks like the others... it has the number B96 like on back of the box.

392.jpg

389.jpg

97580169om1.jpg

Thank you in advance!
winkiss.gif

MACATTAK

The only ones that look authentic are Azreal Blue and Pinked Mauve, but since you say all the boxes have scratches that may be a sign that they are fake too
ssad.gif
Pink Opal, Cornflower, and Aire-de-blu are definitely fake! You can tell by the boxes and writing
ssad.gif

julie150463

Hello

I think the Cornflower is a fake - I recognise the code from a post somewhere on here. Just been having a quick look for it but can't find it.

No idea about the others - but I'm sure the more knowledgible ladies will have the answers.

chermosa

I had a second look and I have to say that azreal blue and pinked mauve are not scratched like the others. I tried to scratch them with my finger nail and you can't see these scratches really
winks.gif

But can the dot batch number of the back of the box vary? Because they have a different size.

@ MACATTAK:

Which writing do you mean that disproves the fakes?

@ julie150463:

thx for this information
smiles.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
The only ones that look authentic are Azreal Blue and Pinked Mauve, but since you say all the boxes have scratches that may be a sign that they are fake too
ssad.gif
Pink Opal, Cornflower, and Aire-de-blu are definitely fake! You can tell by the boxes and writing
ssad.gif

You said it perfectly - I was going to say exactly the same thing
winks.gif

darkishstar

Aren't all pigments supposed to have the batch number on the UPC sticker as well? So I don't think the Pinked Mauve and Azreal Blue are real either.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Aren't all pigments supposed to have the batch number on the UPC sticker as well? So I don't think the Pinked Mauve and Azreal Blue are real either.

Nope, not all of them do. My Your Ladyship arrived from MAC Pro in Paddington a few days ago (my CC didnt thank me for that...LOL!) and it doesnt have the batch number on the UPC sticker. I actually think the Pinked Mauve and Azreal blue are real - I have a pic of fake Azreal Blue here taken from an old thread, the FAKE is on the left, the real one on the right -

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by chermosa
lol I'm just seeing that the boxes of Aire-Du-Blu, Cornflower and Pink Opal are upside-down.

lol...say no more
winks.gif

MACATTAK

Agreed with Panda! The Azreal Blue and Pinked Mauve are authentic. The pigment bottles/bottom of pigments are perfect. I was just worried since you said scratches were on the boxes, but since there aren't these are good ones!

The writing I'm talking about is on the bottom of the pigments where it says the color name/numbers. Compare the Aire-de-blu or Cornflower to Pinked Mauve or Azreal Blue. You will be able to see that the writing is smaller/different font from the authentic ones.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Nope, not all of them do. My Your Ladyship arrived from MAC Pro in Paddington a few days ago (my CC didnt thank me for that...LOL!) and it doesnt have the batch number on the UPC sticker. I actually think the Pinked Mauve and Azreal blue are real - I have a pic of fake Azreal Blue here taken from an old thread, the FAKE is on the left, the real one on the right -

I agree! The batch number (if it's not on the UPC sticker) should be typed out on the back of the boxes. Though that's not an indication of fake or real, because even the fakes have this now.

wolfsong

Quote:
lol I'm just seeing that the boxes of Aire-Du-Blu, Cornflower and Pink Opal are upside-down.

Good work Holmes!

*Counterfeit trait*
choochoo.gif

chermosa

I have an original Entremauve pigment and my problem with azreal blue and pinked mauve is that the screw cap of the pigment is more shiny.

th_dunno.gif

Is it not possible that these are also faked?
th_dunno.gif

wolfsong

Shiny lids means fake pigments by what all the evidence on here shows
ssad.gif

Is the top of the lid almost completely flat (fake), or does it peak ever so slightly in the middle (real)?

panda0410

Quote:
I have an original Entremauve pigment and my problem with azreal blue and pinked mauve is that the screw cap of the pigment is more shiny.

th_dunno.gif

Is it not possible that these are also faked?
th_dunno.gif

i guess its possible, but honestly these two look alright to me. azreal WAS faked a while ago but the fake pigment was very different to the real one as shown in the pic. pinked mauve to my knowledge hasnt been faked yet. both pigments are older pigments as well and everything else looks right. i really wouldnt worry about these two - you might be looking for something that isnt there.

ETA - there is also something else that eludes to these two being real - the back of both of the boxes are dot matrix coded with the CORRECT batch code.
Almost all of the fakes were coded with A76 or A52 - regardless of the numbers on the bottoms of the jars.

MACATTAK

ITA! Both of those look fine to me. The Azreal Blue color is perfect & a ton of my authentic Mac pigments have the same label on the bottom of the pigment as Pinked Mauve. It that Pinked Mauve was fake, I wouldn't know what to think anymore!

chermosa

I contacted cosmeticland0 and I'm happy, that she does not react like closetmustgo.

Here some quotes:

HI:
OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS???? HOW CAN I tell if they are fake??? Ive been buying some pigments with other lady. I am afraid shes selling me fakes. I am sorry. please help thanks

I wrote her this as answer:

Hi I'm happy that you are interested in more information and don't ignore the situation.

So let's begin.

First of all the boxes of the fake pigments (and e/s, blushes ..) are printed on another paper than the original Mac items. It is more yellow and you can scratch the black sides easily. Do the test: take a original box of mac and try to scratch it with your finger nail. Nothing happens, you can not see a scratch! Now take a box eg of the pink opal pigment and scratch it. You will easily see scratches on a counterfeit item.

now please have a look on this picture ImageShack - Hosting :: 391.jpg

you can see that the top of the box is upside-down. Normally when you have a original box you have at the bottom of the box right and left a slash, but the counterfeit boxes have them at the top of the box. I hope you understand what I mean.

Now have a look on the stickers with the name of the pigment at the top of the box. The font is written fatter and the stickers are more black than the originals.

The screw cap material of counterfeit items are more shiny than the originals

and finally the pigment itself has another formulating, colour and structure than the original.

http://specktra.net/ is a very good board with girls that know how an original item has to look. If you don't know if your stuff is faked you can open a thread.

Many huge sellers sell fake stuff (pigments) lately... I also bought a fake pigment deep blue green and teal of closetmustgo. But she doesn't believe that her stuff is faked but many girls confirmed that.

I heard also that wc-racer sold fake stuff.

here a list with known faked colors:

Aire De Blu
Rose
Fairylite
Pink Opal
Cornflower
Dark Soul
Melon
Vanilla

the updated fakes, as at 14th March 2008, are (and may not be limited to):

Deep Blue Green
Deep Purple
Green Brown
Blue Brown
Blue
Basic Red
Jardinaires
Provence
Emerald Green
Chartreuse
Rocking Orange
Copperclast
Copper Sparkle
Electric Coral
Tan
Accent Red
Rose Gold
Silver Fog
White

Thanks to a counterfeit seller's list: kate.richie
Glitters:
Reflects Gold
Neon 60's
Black
3D Silver
Rocking Orange
Jewelmarine
Grey

Eyeshadows:
Budding Beauty
Idol Eyes
Jasmine
Surreal
Vellum
Swimming
Angelcake
Satellite Dreams
Black Tied
Light Ray
Rose Blanc
Twinks
Fade
Romp
Club

If you have more questions don't hesitate to contact me or to join the specktra board.

Then she answered:
HI:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ADVICE ME ABOUT THE FAKES PIGMENTS. IM TRYING TO COMPARED THEM, I DO NOT SEE THE DIFERENCE. IF YOU GET MORE INFO PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO UPDATE ME. UNFORTUNATELY I WAS BUYING FROM HER ( CLOSEMUSTGO).PIGMENTS EYESHADOWS AND SOME OTHER STUFF. I NEVER THOUGHT SHE WAS SELLING FAKES
ssad.gif

Regarding the 3 fakes you received from me I wished you would of contacted me first before posting my name in there.
ssad.gif
I didnt not know they were fake.

I think that is very interesting!

They all "look" real to me but then again, I hate trying to tell from a photo. You ought to take it to a MAC counter, they will be able to tell you if they are real or fake.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Agreed with Panda! The Azreal Blue and Pinked Mauve are authentic. The pigment bottles/bottom of pigments are perfect. I was just worried since you said scratches were on the boxes, but since there aren't these are good ones!

The writing I'm talking about is on the bottom of the pigments where it says the color name/numbers. Compare the Aire-de-blu or Cornflower to Pinked Mauve or Azreal Blue. You will be able to see that the writing is smaller/different font from the authentic ones.

I agree, the pinked mauve and azreal blue look authentic, the box's on the others along with the other signs mentioned show the rest of them are fakes...