Some recommendations on eyeshadows? Please help?

Hello there ladies and gentlemen! So, this is my first post and I am very new to MAC Cosmetics. I recently purchased some eyeshadows but have no idea where to go from there. I'd love to build my eyeshadow collection, over time of course, but I really need some recommendations.
Currently I have
-Swish
-Woodwinked
-Allthatglitters
-Carbon
-Crystal Avalanche

-239 brush

Any recommendations on what I should get next? I'm not sure what colors would go well with these and any recommendations at all are so greatly appreciated!

mahreez

i think expanding will be great by starting with the current mac collections that comes out, and get the colors you don't have yet. i do that instead of buying stuff from the permanent collection coz im crazy about packaging.

i suggest buying colors that you like best first then trying out other colors when your budget allows it. have fun shopping!

you could also search the forum with must-have eyeshadows threads. thanks.

Thank you! I think that's a great suggestion. Oh, I saw all the cute little packagings from the hello kitty collection for the eyeshadows! Soo adorable. But I think my question was more aimed at what colors would best suit the ones I already have, you know? Cause I really do want to be buying colors that complement each other so that I can make the best use of them. But thank you for your suggestion, I will definetely look into the collections. [=

kittykit

Carbon goes well with almost all the colours MAC is making.

What I usually do at a MAC store when I can't decide which e/s I should get, I'll ask the MA for recommendations, to match a new colour with those I already have. You can always get the MAs to try them on you to see if you like the colours
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

Well, aside from Swish, everything else is pretty neutral, and will go with just about anything. My big question is what color are your eyes, hair, and skin? Do you want to make your eye color pop, do you want a somewhat tame look, or something really bright that will make people go "WOW!"

I will say this, too...my go-to "shadow", especially for days when I can't be bothered to do anything more than shadow and mascara, is the Perky paint pot...looks really lovely, very natural, but brings out your eyes well. HTH!

gildedangel

Some great, somewhat brighter shadows that you could get are nocturnelle, humid, sushi flower (fantastic with woodwinked), silver ring, try to get aquavert while you still can because I think everyone needs that color, and shroom. I hope that this helps you!

Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking of getting Sushi Flower, but wasn't really too sure. I'll definetely try getting it now. (= And I'll look into aquavert! Thanks!

And to another post, I have medium brown eyes, dark brown hair and very light olive skin. Mainly, I'd like to go for more neutral looks, but of course I think we all have those days where we just want to stand out. (=