Something wrong with my Carbon and Smolder? Pls HELP!!!

cipelica

Hi girls! I got Carbon and Smolder as two most popular black colors from MAC as an eye color and liner.
I got them in MAC sores, got recite for them (so I know they are not fake), dates are regular (products are not expired)…but….they are not black at all.
Smolder is not creamy, I have to pull mu eye lid very hard to get it on, staying power on water line is zero
Carbon is not rich deep black, it is a transparent color. Also I have to put tone of it to be real black, and it disappears after one hour. Is that supposed to be the blackest black on the market?
They turn blue in several hours (I wear them over Painterly pp). People come to me and ask since when do I wear blue on my eyes???

Please tell me something. Am I crazy, am I doing something wrong or are this products just bad?

Asela88

there is def something wrong with the products you got because i own both carbon and smolder and they are really black for me..I would explain your situation to a makeup artist at mac and try to another one and see if they color payoff is better

gingin501

I am having the same problem with my Chrome Yellow........it goes on really sheer. I have to pack on quite a bit for it too look bright. The more I pack on the more chalky looking it gets. I order for MAC Pro.......I think I am calling them today.

TISH1124

I wouldn't say anything is wrong with it...several people have that problem with Carbon it turns blue, it does on me as well....it is not my fav of blacks either...I find UD Yeyo Black matte e/s and MUFE Matte black work so much better for me...I have to really pack carbon on as well.

Smolder also is not dark dark on me....Feline is the blackest of black on me however and I love it.

I have learned everything that works on others do not work the same on me....That does not mean it is bad just not for me. I hope you find something that works

MissResha

i ALWAYS set my smolder (or any liner really) with an eyeshadow, because my eyes get kinda watery thru-out the day, and it helps a ton.

FiestyFemme

It sounds like your Smolder is old or something. I had one that I didn't use for awhile because I was trying to use something else up, and when I went back to it, it was hard. I could still use it, but it was uncomfortable so I got another one. As for Carbon, I think there are better blacks out there. It has a tendency to have a bluish tint on me, so it's not just you.

TISH1124

I guess I don't understand that...Smolder is a Eye Kohl...there is no expiration you sharpen off the old on top...Am I missing something was smolder not a Kohl pencil....I swapped mine away so long ago...I may be forgetting

cipelica

I sharpen it before every use, but...nothing...still very hard.
Can you tell me can I use it B2M program?

gildedangel

No, you cannot turn in pencils for B2M.
ssad.gif

seabird

smolder goes green on me, for that i prefer feline over it. most blacks are made up of other pigments, usually purple or green but it might be that for some reason your skin pulls the blue. i know electra and silver ring look like blue eyeshadows on me.

moopoint

Hmm... I use Smolder all the time, it works so well for me. Very black, smooth and creamy. That is strange how the same product can look so different on other people.

As for Carbon, I don't use it that often, but when I do it looks black.

If it helps, you can B2M the eyeshadow...
ssad.gif

Tahti

Hmm maybe trying patting on the Carbon after spraying it with Fix+? Not really sure, cause my Carbon is nearly too pigmented lol, it goes on so dark.. maybe you got an odd batch..
I'd recommend Blacktrack fluidline, it is amaaazing! I use it nearly every day, it's just as dark as Smolder, but it doesn't smudge and it's staying power is fantastic - for example, I put it on at around 7 am on Friday, went out that night and partied until around 5 am, fell asleep and woke up at 12 on Saturday and Blacktrack was still there. xD Love it so much.

ForgetRegret

Keep in mind too, that since Smolder is a khol, it's meant to smudge and move around...all the khols have about zero staying power in the waterline (or at least that's my experience.)