• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

>Somewhere over the (subtle) Rainbow<

ch33tah

So I decided to give this rainbow eye look a try yesterday. I totally winged it. Started off with over 15 eyeshadows and narrowed it down to only 6. I wanted to do a more subtle approach to the rainbow look, as the bright drag-queen inspired colours in most rainbow eye looks are really not my style and not very appropiate to go out with (in my opinion of course).

What I used:

On Face:
MAC Strobe Cream
Smashbox Photofinish Primer
MAC Select Cover up in NW 20
Bonnebell Gel Bronze in Golden Tan
Smashbox Soft Lights TINT
Nars blush in Orgasm

Eyes:
MAC paint in Baselight

vanilla pigment
Gleam
Coppering
Goldmine
Sprout
Flashtrack
Star Violet

Mac Pencil liner in Ebony
Quo black liquid liner
L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

Tools:
Mac 187
Mac 182
Mac 222
Mac 212
smudger sponge tipped brush
eyelash curler

So I start with a clean face and apply a few dabs of Strobe Cream and two pumps of the Photo Finish

01.jpg

Next I apply some concealer on spots and around my eyes

02.jpg

I use the pad of my ring finger to blend in my concealer, it's very gentle and easier on the delicate skin around the eye

03.jpg

Next I use some of the Gel bronzer (this stuff only blends well if the Photo Finish is appied in the begining. it provides a smooth surface) I go nuts and dab it all over my face with my finger tips. placement at this time is not really a big deal as you can tell :b

05.jpg

I blend gently with my fingers all over and into the hair line

06.jpg

Next I take my 182 and dip it into the Smashbox Tint powder (this stuff is amazing!!!)

07.jpg

And blend it into my cheek bones, along my forehead, bridge of nose, jaw line, neck. pretty much anywhere the sun would hit

08.jpg

finished look with bronzer: (flash in the bathroom. does not give teh full effect...)

09.jpg

Then time for blush. I just smile to get my apples in my cheeks to pop out then i blend the blush with the 187

10.jpg

11.jpg

now for the eyes:

i put a bit of the Baselight on my ring finger pad as so

12.jpg

then i blend it gently all over my entire eye lid from lash line to brow. the paint creates a nice smudge and crease free base for the eye shadows

13.jpg

Next I dip my smudge sponge tipped applicator into Gleam and get the corners of my eyes (again, very subtle) as well as on the bottom lash line.

14.jpg

Then I take some coppering on the same sponge applicator and make a small line from lash line to the crease and on the bottom lash line area. (the rest of the eye close up photos were taken infront of natural light w/ out a flash to show the colours. i found the flash really hid the colours)

15.jpg

I repeated the same steps for Goldmine, Sprout, & Flashtrack again applying on the top lid as well as the lower lash line area:

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

I will hold off on blending until i have all the colours placed where i want them.

For the final colour Star Violet, i wanted to create a very sharp line, so i used an edge of a piece of card and held it at an angle. i then took a sponge tipped applicator and swept the colour along the card as so:

20.jpg

gives me this look:

21.jpg

then i take the 222 brush and dip it into some vainlla pigment and sweep it across the brow bone, blending down into the colours and gently sweeping between the colours.

22.jpg

Then i take my ebony stick and line my upper and lower water line

25.jpg

Then i rub the end of my eboy stick along my 212 brush and pull up on my upper lid and gently press the brush into my lashline. this is my tightline method:

24.jpg

Lash time. I sweep the Loreal telescopic mascara on my top lids pulling the wand out to the side, instead of up and out. i wanted to create a more dramatic look.

26.jpg

27.jpg

then do the bottom lashes in the same fashion.

28.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

and because we dont want to take away any attention from the eyes, i use a very light lip gloss i think it`s some victorias secret beauty rush in strawberry fizz or something, a gloss i dont wear very often because i dont like the strawberry taste, but its a great colour

29.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING

TIME TO WASH OFF!

30.jpg

user79

Nice job Victoria, I like how subtle the colours look on you. And you could have totally gone out like this.
winks.gif

aangel

Thanks for your lovely tutorial
clap.gif

I always love your tutorials and keep them in my make-up notebook. I have tried them all
smiles.gif

Latest posts