songs that will always move you

xstephax

Watch The Sky- Something Corporate (reminds me of my grandma. and i got the "i will fight" lyric from the song tattooed on my left wrist)

No Lies, Just Love- Bright Eyes (reminds me of the last 2 years of high school)

Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful Life- Braddah Iz (always, always makes me cry. Reminds me of memories in Hawaii)

The Tide- The Spill Canvas (not sure why but this one makes me always cry too)

Hello, I'm In Delaware- City & Colour (reminds me of my boyfriend)

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
I love Total Eclipse of the Heart, ive been listening to it on my iPod alot recently.

I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Wont Do That) - Meatloaf, brilliant song end of.. heard it on a music channel several times and i thought it was fantastic

I have no idea why I love this song so much (Meatloaf's) but I DO!!!

MAC_Whore

This thread reminds me of the Seinfield episode when Elaine dated the guy who's song was "Desperado" by the Eagles. Remember that?
lol.gif

calliestar

Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World brings me to tears...About 4 months after my sister died it was on a movie I was watching and I really listened to the words and some of the lyrics put into words feelings I have that I've never been able to say myself. It's a beautiful song.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

THe whole Bleed american Album by Jimmy Eat World,
and
The whole Stay what you are album by saves the day

These were the 2 cds i had with me When i was stuck in Tucson Arizona Sept 11th 2001, when i was looking for a Train to get home to California (since my flight was cancelled i was visiting my best friend) to be with my Family. scared sh*tless ( I did however get to stay an extra day and see New Found Glory and No Motiv with her and it was excellent, It was just what i needed at the time IM glad they didnt cancel the show)

Jewel To Sparkle -Juliana theory... ♥

ilovexnerdsx

totally bringing this thread back
smiles.gif

In Her Bedroom/Story of the Year. the lyrics are so heartfelt and deep that no matter how many times you listen to it, you have to think about it every time.

Everynight's Another Story(acoustic version more so)/The Early November.

In a Win-Win Situation/Emery

What it is to Burn/Finch. not really sure why this song moves me so much but it always almost brings me to tears. i wonder if i blocked something out of my mind that had to do with this song...

Wonderwall/Oasis

Encounter/Forever Changed

a bunch of songs by the Fray

Everything I Once Had/The Honorary Title

.....i'm sure after i post this i'll think about 20 more

Beauty Mark

You Really Got a Hold of Me- Either version
Don't Look Back in Anger- Oasis
Somebody That I Used to Know- Elliott Smith
Butterfly- Weezer
Actually, anything by Elliott Smith
Norah Jones' first album
Fight Test- Flaming Lips

Bad breakup music. 'Nough said

JULIA

Digital Bath - Deftones
Change - Deftones
Crewnshaw - Deftones
Beware the Water - Deftones
The Scientist - Coldplay
Hoppipola (sp?) - Sigur Ros
Strange Days - Matthew Good Band
Change of Seasons - Matthew Good Band
Anything by Death Cab

Wattage

Chasing Cards - Snow Patrol
Apparitions - MGB
Long December - Counting Crows
Wise Up - Aimee Mann
U2 - Still Haven't Found (What I'm Looking For)
James Blunt - High
Fiona Apple - Blues
Damien Rice - Blower's Daughter
Sister Hazel - It's a Beautiful Thing

I could go on and on... but really, these are my big ones
smiles.gif

JULIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by user6
Keane - Somewhere only we know

This has got to be one of my favourite songs.

sweetmelissa

I like a lot of those song Shimmer! I have a ton, sometimes I feel like I always have a running soundtrack to my life that only I can hear. Well here's some of mine that immediately come to mind:

Luckenbach Texas (yes, I'm a Waylon fan), Harper Valley PTA - remind me of my mom.

El Paso (Marty Robbins) - reminds me of my grandpa.

Work in Progress (Alan Jackson), Look at You Girl (Chris LeDoux), Mud on the Tires (Brad Paisley), Cowboy Take Me Away (Dixie Chicks), To Make You Feel My Love (Garth Brooks), 4th of July (Shooter Jennings), Cowboy and the Rose (Chris LeDoux) - special to me and dh.

Wonderful Tonight (Eric Clapton), More Than Words (Can't recall the groups name, Shameless (Garth Brooks), Be With You (Mr. Big), Silver Springs (Fleetwood Mac), Here I Am (Patty Loveless), I May Hate Myself in the Morning (Leann Womack), Leather and Lace & The Highwayman (Stevie Knicks), Voice Inside My Head (Dixie Chicks) - remind me of an old flame that never completely died out.

Then What (Clay Walker), It's Your Love (Tim McGraw), Love Lessons (Tracy Byrd), Strong Enough (Sheryl Crow), Two Pina Coladas (Garth Brooks), Bye Bye (Jo Dee Messina), I'll Think of a Reason Later (Leann Womack), Wild Angels (Martina McBride), Nearest Distant Shore (Trisha Yearwood) - remind me of an old flame that I would stomp to the ground if it ever showed the slightest sign of life.

To The World (Brad Paisley) - reminds me of my baby son because I sing this to him all the time
smiles.gif

Ok...I could go on all night, lol! It's so funny how hearing certain songs just takes you right back to a certain situation and how you felt at the time.

Latest posts