sooo girl about town decides to look red-ish on me .

urbanD0LL

no faaaiiirrrr ! i wore it last time i went out with my girls and i asked what does it look like to y'all ? and they said red but i didn't pay them any mind lol , they seem color blind at times . i decided to try it on again tonight , and it does lean more the red side , that sucks ! i'll go get lickable ( and some other goodies probably ) sometime this weekend .

urbanD0LL

can't even return it , used + lost bill . i swore it looked the first time i tried it though .

ohnna-lee

If I get a lipstick that isn't working for me i use a different color lippencil, or gloss, or even a glaze/ lustre to slighty change the shade to something that suits me. I am constantly changing looks though so if something doesn't suit me now it most likely will in a couple months.

ohnna-lee

AHH HA! Lip erase
th_DANCE.gif
choochoo.gif

L281173

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanD0LL
no faaaiiirrrr ! i wore it last time i went out with my girls and i asked what does it look like to y'all ? and they said red but i didn't pay them any mind lol , they seem color blind at times . i decided to try it on again tonight , and it does lean more the red side , that sucks ! i'll go get lickable ( and some other goodies probably ) sometime this weekend .

GAT Lipstick is very tricky to wear. I would recommend lining the entire lip with a liner to get the absolute true fuschia color effect of the lipstick. I am an NC50 and I use the Currant lipliner over the lip. The color comes out a strong fuschia. Due to the fact that this color is an Amplified Creme, I like to apply a gloss on top. I use the Pink Poodle Lipglass.

THE COLOR IS BANGIN'
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif
choochoo.gif
thmbup.gif

ginger9

^^ I agree!

I couldn't get GAT to work for me in the beginning but now I think I have it down. I use a liner as well which totally helps and for me I sheer it out with a lipbrush. The more I do that the more pink it becomes which is what I prefer. HTH keep experimenting, don't give up just yet. It's actually a really fun colour to wear!

MissResha

damn that sucks
ssad.gif

i was heartbroken when I tried on Russian Red and it was way too yellow for my skintone. I really wanted to love it. It's a gorgeous color, just not on me. So i'm gonna use it for B2M. I wanted to try GAT too...i may have to do a swatch in the store or something. I dunno if i can handle buying another lipstick that looks shitty on me. I might cry next time that happens.

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
damn that sucks
ssad.gif

i was heartbroken when I tried on Russian Red and it was way too yellow for my skintone. I really wanted to love it. It's a gorgeous color, just not on me. So i'm gonna use it for B2M. I wanted to try GAT too...i may have to do a swatch in the store or something. I dunno if i can handle buying another lipstick that looks shitty on me. I might cry next time that happens.

Werd :/

Russian Red looks horrible on me too, but you know what?! Ruby Woo is AMAZING. Ruby Woo looks like what I wanted Russian Red to look like LOL

Ruby Woo + Cherry Lip Liner = Red Lip Gawdess

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by L281173
GAT Lipstick is very tricky to wear. I would recommend lining the entire lip with a liner to get the absolute true fuschia color effect of the lipstick. I am an NC50 and I use the Currant lipliner over the lip. The color comes out a strong fuschia. Due to the fact that this color is an Amplified Creme, I like to apply a gloss on top. I use the Pink Poodle Lipglass.

THE COLOR IS BANGIN'
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif
choochoo.gif
thmbup.gif

Ditto this.
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
Werd :/

Russian Red looks horrible on me too, but you know what?! Ruby Woo is AMAZING. Ruby Woo looks like what I wanted Russian Red to look like LOL

Ruby Woo + Cherry Lip Liner = Red Lip Gawdess

oh hell yea. ruby woo is just fierce. its my favorite red from mac thats matte. but of course, so scarlet is my #1 love *sigh* with all its amplified limited edition glory.

Lapis

I'd try lining first before you give up on GAT, I worked the ish out of it last weekend

I'm another that can't do Russian red
cry.gif
my go to is high bred red

na_pink

are you sure someone didn't switch labels on you because GAT is too pink to be mistakened for red ... i mean that thing is BRIGHTTT

Blushbaby

I got GAT last night as a B2M. I don't like it :-( I'm gutted. I think it looks ridiculous on me. What a waste of a B2M!

urbanD0LL

b2m is when i return what exactly ? like the actual empty lipstick container or just the packaging that it came in ?

Blushbaby

When I tested it last night, it just made my full lips look clownish and a hot pink mess. I'm really disappointed. I tried it with liner and then tried blotting it but it still didn't work for me.. oh well.

SassyMochaJess

Russian Red And Gat Are The Most Complicated Lippies I Own But Like Some Of The Ladies Already Said The Right Liner And Gloss And You Could Make It Work.

With Russan Red L/s + Nightmoth L/l + Russian Red L/g

With Gat L/s + Currant L/l + Date Night Dazzleglass (or Any True Pink L/g) And Voila!!