*~*Soooo my foundation made me ORANGE!!!!! Help!!*~*

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*I have been wearing MAC foundation since I was a junior in high school, so it's nothing new for me. However, I just recently (in July) switched from Studio Tech NC 45 to Studio Fix Fluid NC 50. It was perfect in the summer, but now when I wear it, after a while it looks too dark and it has an orange tinge in it. WTF??? I'm trying to decide what to do about that...I'm thinking about either getting the SFF in NC 45, to see if that helps, or just switching to Nars. I heard that their liquid foundations are pretty good, but if I switch, which one should I get (Balanced or Oil Free)??? I'm really confused, so I hope you all can help me. TIA!!!!!
winks.gif
*~*

Kiseki

Hmm, although a primer might help, if your foundation has a tendency to oxidize, I would definitely try out another one.

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipglass*Lover*
*~*I tried a primer back in August...I may try it again...Idk, I'm really leaning towards Nars though.*~*

I don't know, honestly.

MUFE Primers and my skin don't like each other. I'm also considering Yves Saint-Laurent's Matt-Touch, has anyone here tried it?

nunu

i suggest you go try out the nars foundations then try the one you like in MAC then decide what you like best
smiles.gif
hth.

MACaholic76

I also wear NC45 in foundations and when I'm real dark in the summer can wear NC50 BUT only in certain formulas (the studio finish matte and sometimes the select spf).
The SFF in NC50 is probably way too dark for you, especially if you usually wear Studio Tech in NC45 (which used to be my HG for years also).
I say go down one shade in the SFF to NC45 although, it is quite golden. Nothing a little bronzer couldnt fix though. How about going back to the Studio Tech, no?
I had ZERO luck finding a match with NARS foundations. I think I was in between shades.
Let me know how it turns out!

Lipglass*Lover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
I also wear NC45 in foundations and when I'm real dark in the summer can wear NC50 BUT only in certain formulas (the studio finish matte and sometimes the select spf).
The SFF in NC50 is probably way too dark for you, especially if you usually wear Studio Tech in NC45 (which used to be my HG for years also).
I say go down one shade in the SFF to NC45 although, it is quite golden. Nothing a little bronzer couldnt fix though. How about going back to the Studio Tech, no?
I had ZERO luck finding a match with NARS foundations. I think I was in between shades.
Let me know how it turns out!

*~*Thanks for the help!!! I will try out NC 45 just to see how that works out. If that doesn't work I will try Nars (hopefully the NC 45 will work though)!! I would go back to Studio Tech, but the only thing was that when my skin got a little dry, it made it worse!! So I had to switch to a liquid foundation. Thanks again!!
winks.gif
*~*

lethaldesign

I have the same problem with SFF. It matches my skin perfectly when I'm tanned during the summer, but as soon as I start to lose just a TAD bit of color, SFF makes me look sooooo orange. I tried going a shade lighter &it didn't match my skin color at all.

Sjohanna85

I'm having the same problem with my studio tech NC44 ... its fine in the beginning but an hour later i look orangey :0( i'm thinking of changing to SFF, but the only color lighter is NC42 and i think that'll be waaay to light for my skin...

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*Thanks for all the suggestions!!!! I think I'm going to try out Bobbi Brown Oil Free Even Finish today when I go shopping (my BFF loves it & she switched for the same reason I am)...I will let you all know how it goes!!!
winks.gif
*~*

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*Update: I bossed up & got the Bobbi Brown (oil free even finish) foundation in 6.5....& I LOVE IT!!! I also bought my very *first* MSF ever (in Deep Dark) to set it with, and I have to say that it is amazing!!!! I love that when you put it on, it doesn't deposit a lot of color, yet I can see a difference in the way my foundation looks with & without it. Thanks again for all of your help!!!
winks.gif
*~*

Bey28

I'm NC45 in studio tech but I had to use NC45 SFF in the center of the face and NC50 SFF on the perimeter (If I used it everywhere it was too dark). Using 2 foundations was too much work so I switched to Face and Body C7 and it's perfect. Since the coverage isn't as good as studio tech just use concealor where necessary then buff the face and body on and you'll love it! HTH!