Sorry but I just need to rant ...

user79

She sounds really rude and unappreciative. Even if she isn't into MAC and was careless with the stuff, she should not have acted like that towards you, how rude. If she didn't like it, she could have just returned in (without telling you) and got something else for the money, but like this, it's just a huge waste of money and time.

But I agree, don't waste your money on presents for co-workers (unless it's an agreed upon amount in a secret santa or something.)

RaynelleM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
Are you very close with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I mean, what is your relationship beside the fact that you work with her... does she seems and acts like a good friend???

Well she started working at my work last year and we started having lunch together and talking everyday, we even hung out outside of work a few times … she even came to my house so I could do her make-up once! But I guess it true what they say … coworkers should not be viewed as friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey
Perhaps she wasn't thinking about it at the time but I fail to find any fault with you being angry with her actions. I would have shoved her down the stairs and thrown an office chair after her.

LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I would ask her, since she hates M.A.C does she have any containers that she didn't throw away. I would tell her that I would want them to for the B2M program. She is wasting a great product and not appreciating her friendship.

Thanks for the advice hun but I’m pretty sure she tossed everything and she never had any MAC b4. I’m sure she doesn’t even know what the B2M program is! L

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
But don’t forget one of the rules of gift-giving is that a gift is just that, a “gift”. Once it is given to the recipient, it is theirs to do with whatever they want to do with it.

But, I believe there is something deeper going on with this co-worker. And it sounds like she's just jealous of you and wanted to hurt you, but good!

Thanks you!! That is great advice which I will definitely remember for the future!!
She doesn’t seem to be jealous but then again who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I dropped my refined golden bronzer awhile back at school and the whole thing shattered on the cafeteria floor. I just threw it out. I could've A) re-pressed it and/or B) used the empty for B2M. I was stupid....I didn't know.

OH NO!! … that's why I love specktra cuz I didn’t knows those things b4 I came here either!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrheine
i like to keep my collection neat, organized and in their boxes even though i use a lot of it...i just like the order. i have a system, e/s in this container, msfs in this, etc. she just kept opening them, tossing them in the wrong container, losing the boxes, WRITING A MESSAGE WITH MY EYELINER omg she knew she crossed the line with that (and she was shocked because it takes SO MUCH to push my buttons), and then i left to go back home (i had apointments back home) and told her to go ahead and do whatever. i come back and my makeup is ALL messed up, it was so frustrating.

OMG …. I would have freaked too!! … I keep all my MAC in their boxes too, my mum laughs at me but it’s so they are protected!! I’ve even labeled the boxes and all my eye make-up is in a different case from the rest of my make-up. I think we’re the same when it come to organizing our make-up!! J

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
She sounds really rude and unappreciative. Even if she isn't into MAC and was careless with the stuff, she should not have acted like that towards you, how rude. If she didn't like it, she could have just returned in (without telling you) and got something else for the money, but like this, it's just a huge waste of money and time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous

But I agree, don't waste your money on presents for co-workers (unless it's an agreed upon amount in a secret santa or something.)

Exactly!! … and yes it will only be secret santa or chocolate for coworkers from now on!

Trunkmonkey

Quote:
oh GOOD god, usually i'm the most easy-going girl in the entire world and bend over backwards for people. well, i'm a college student and live about an hour away from my parents home and miss it because my apt. is teeny and i get claustrophobic in it. ANYWAY, i went home this past weekend to relax. my cousin's friend flew in and the pass across the state was closed due to snow so as soon as she picked him up, she was almost hysterical, etc. i told her i'd let her and him stay at my apt. so i drove BACK up in the middle of the night and even though i seriously have the smallest apt. in the world stayed because she didn't really want him there and it was awkward.

ANYWAY, since this was sudden she forgot all her makeup and i don't think anyone has seen her w/o it since she was 14. (she's 20 now, i'm 21) i was excited to play with my mac with her because i'm a new collector and obsessor. i like to keep my collection neat, organized and in their boxes even though i use a lot of it...i just like the order. i have a system, e/s in this container, msfs in this, etc. she just kept opening them, tossing them in the wrong container, losing the boxes, WRITING A MESSAGE WITH MY EYELINER omg she knew she crossed the line with that (and she was shocked because it takes SO MUCH to push my buttons), and then i left to go back home (i had apointments back home) and told her to go ahead and do whatever. i come back and my makeup is ALL messed up, it was so frustrating. she used the one item i told her not to, probably because i have doubles of it (northern light msf, i accidentally bought one off here and bought one at my cco and was planning a swap with the double) and everything was in dissarray. idk, i know it shouldn't be this big a deal but i'm unusually neat about my expensive makeup. i guess it's the only child syndrome in me.
ssad.gif

Okay this one would require a late night, a shovel, and a bag of lime (I work cheap just sayin).

Even though I fund a boatload of my darling spouses MAC makeup even I do NOT TOUCH IT EVER. The kids know if they get within 5 feet of it and I catch them it's an airsoft pellet to the leg at the least.

You were very generous allowing her to use it.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
oh GOOD god, usually i'm the most easy-going girl in the entire world and bend over backwards for people. well, i'm a college student and live about an hour away from my parents home and miss it because my apt. is teeny and i get claustrophobic in it. ANYWAY, i went home this past weekend to relax. my cousin's friend flew in and the pass across the state was closed due to snow so as soon as she picked him up, she was almost hysterical, etc. i told her i'd let her and him stay at my apt. so i drove BACK up in the middle of the night and even though i seriously have the smallest apt. in the world stayed because she didn't really want him there and it was awkward.

ANYWAY, since this was sudden she forgot all her makeup and i don't think anyone has seen her w/o it since she was 14. (she's 20 now, i'm 21) i was excited to play with my mac with her because i'm a new collector and obsessor. i like to keep my collection neat, organized and in their boxes even though i use a lot of it...i just like the order. i have a system, e/s in this container, msfs in this, etc. she just kept opening them, tossing them in the wrong container, losing the boxes, WRITING A MESSAGE WITH MY EYELINER omg she knew she crossed the line with that (and she was shocked because it takes SO MUCH to push my buttons), and then i left to go back home (i had apointments back home) and told her to go ahead and do whatever. i come back and my makeup is ALL messed up, it was so frustrating. she used the one item i told her not to, probably because i have doubles of it (northern light msf, i accidentally bought one off here and bought one at my cco and was planning a swap with the double) and everything was in dissarray. idk, i know it shouldn't be this big a deal but i'm unusually neat about my expensive makeup. i guess it's the only child syndrome in me.
ssad.gif

I would have went OFF on her. Nooooooooooooooooooo. Are you serious?
I feel bad sometimes that i don't have someone to share my MAC obsession with. but now I am actually glad that my makeup is mine and only mine, and nobody else touches it. I might go crazy if someone touches my mac.

I seriously would've smacked her. I'm sorry. I can't believe she did that....

mrheine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I would have went OFF on her. Nooooooooooooooooooo. Are you serious?
I feel bad sometimes that i don't have someone to share my MAC obsession with. but now I am actually glad that my makeup is mine and only mine, and nobody else touches it. I might go crazy if someone touches my mac.

I seriously would've smacked her. I'm sorry. I can't believe she did that....

okay, good, i'm glad people aren't saying i'm crazy or selfish because i was a little upset with myself over how angry i was when i returned.
smiles.gif
thanks!

mrheine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey
Okay this one would require a late night, a shovel, and a bag of lime (I work cheap just sayin).

Even though I fund a boatload of my darling spouses MAC makeup even I do NOT TOUCH IT EVER. The kids know if they get within 5 feet of it and I catch them it's an airsoft pellet to the leg at the least.

You were very generous allowing her to use it.

haha, that definitely made me laugh.
thanks.
smiles.gif

Babylard

I am just wowed by all the generous people there are here on specktra. I only give gifts to really really special people who I know will actually appreciate my gifts, no matter how lame they are! This year it was my family and yeah my roomate didnt really appreciate my lamer gifts. I just couldnt afford it this year.

I am sorry to hear that you got zero appreciation. I would definitely flip out at her and kill her with office supplies. lol

mrheine, will you please please sell the northern lights to me? lol i totally missed out on light flushed msf and cant get it anywhere.. not at the counters.. online.. poo... canada is sold out but the us has them
ssad.gif