sorry, i just didnt know who to talk to...

stefania905

sorry that it is long & sorry if i have typos.....

every holiday has been ruined for me because my family. all they do is focus on physical appearance. i always get called fat, even in other languages...but i already understand it from growin up hearin it all the time.

my grandma lives in the Philippines & its tropical there, i remember coming down her stairs @ her house in a tank top & old navy gray shorts, all of a sudden i hear the word "fat" in Tagalog. i was only 12 then, i am 20 yrs old now.

even when i was a size 4-6, i would constantly be teased...only by family. most of high school i sufferend from bulimia, my brother even walked in on me with my fingers down my throat. my dad used to hear me puking til i start bleeding. it used to be so bad that as soon as i wake up, i'd throw up stomach acid just b/c sticking my fingers down my throat was what i was used to.

Thanksgiving 2 years ago, i remember my Mom started streching out my shirt in from of my cousin's wife. she told my Mom to stop & leave me alone. the shirt wasn't tight, i was just wearing a shirt underneath to cover up cleavage. i was also playing w/ my baby cousin that night & i kept on having to leave to go to the bathroom b/c I didnt want them all to see me cry.

On Mother's Day, my dad, mom, brother & i went out to eat. we ate sushi, then my brother started mentioning my stomach & legs...how they are chubby. fine, do it...that hurts to hear, of course but thats totally RUDE to do it at dinner.

at the end of last year, i was almost raped by a guy. he took off my bra & underwear but got fed up w. me fightin back. i ended up in the ER because he hit me & left me outside to bleed by myself. someone did find me. my bottom front teeth were pushed back & one was sticking it, my lips were black & blue, i had bruises my hips and i had to have sitiches It changed my outlook on life alot. i attempted suicide numerous times before but i so badly so baldy wanted to die after it happened. my parents wouldnt let me out of their site, afraid i might do somethin stupid. i kept prayin to God & askin my uncle who passed away Christmas 2005 that i needed to be strong. my brother needs me for girl adice, my mom needs me to go shopping with her, my dad needs me because i am his lil girl & my dog needs me b/c she doesnt play w/ anyone else.

i didnt think of anything but death for a few months after . i constantly do still think about death but now loosing someone i love. i have social anxiety, i cant get close to a guy or even normally talk to them like i used to. i lost all my caring for what other people think of me now. Well not all, but not as much. if you don't like me, oh well...its my life, im here for myself. however, family opinion is the world to me.

tonight, my Mom just came home from the Tanger outlets....she had bought me a tank top. Except she goes "u are really big now like me so i can borrow it too". I ALWAYS talk to her about even mentioning ANYTHING about weight around me. I hate when she even judges celebrities, random people.

i dont want praise but ive done so much and overcome so in life. i had a brain tumor when i was younger. it just gets so hard sometimes. i kno people have it worse but i just cant figure out what to do. im graduating college, my brother never did. i dont do drugs, smoke...i may not be skinny but i can still walk uphill & what not. the fact that im actually still on earth should be some sort of clue. i am strong & i am not ashamed to admit it anymore...but i need help sometimes.

MAC is love

wow...i'm so sorry about all you have gone through. sometimes people don't think it's really affecting you when they criticize your appearance, but almost always it will hurt.
th_hug.gif

freaksinunif0rm

That is terrible...some people are just so inconsiderate!

I'm sorry for what you've been through -hug-. I'm sure you'll be able to get through just fine.

Willa

Something I understood last year, even if they are parents, they don't always know how to deal with their children. Sometimes, adults dont know themselves well, the critisize people around them because they to feel confident enought.

My parents are like that.
They dont critisize me, but they never helped me trought life.
Why?
Because they never received help from their family.

I learned how to deal with life BY MY OWN SELF.
And you know what? Its the best thing I ever did!

I'm sorry that they are like this with you... it must be hard, but I'm sure that someday when you'll have kids, you wont act like this with them. Someone out there sends us difficulties, to see if we can handle it.
Always manage to be a winner, its my advice.

xmrsvindieselx

I;m so sorry to hear this sweetie! stay strong and you can P.M me if you need to chat =] ( plus we both live on long island! im in suffolk!! )

Bybs

This really is heartbreaking to hear. I would suggest actually sitting your family down and explaining to them that their actions and words are having a huge negative impact on your life. Get everything out in the open.

stefania905

i will feel better soon, thank u guys for letting me vent
smiles.gif

It sounds stupid but thats why im REALLY REALLY REALLY attached to my dog lol. she's always there.

its Memorial Day tomorrow & today we are having a BBQ at my aunts. of course i dont want to go. i rarely go out anymore and if i do, its like im never comfortable. i know i should be confortable in my own skin.....the only thing i am 100% confident in is that i have a damn good heart & a good personality. its just so sad that many people over look that -- not in just me...but alot of people. What is more important? Looks or actually being able to have a conversation with someone?? i think its just so RUDE to judge someone on looks alone. Fine, HATE ME but atleast find out who i am first. then talk all the shit u want about me....u atleast have a bit of the right to.

obviously, my family knows me well & know i am a good person but they have a sole focus on looks. its so superficial. my brother is a personal trainer...but he smokes, isnt that like an oxy moron? my mother isnt exactly fit either nor my father.

what pisses me off is when EVERYTHING is related to weight. for example: i have a shunt from my brain tumor surgery, the tube passes thru he side of my tummy. I told them it hurts AND the automatic answer is...because i have "a lot of fat" on me ...like whattt?

Its just so sad that i remember my childhood as being the "fat & ugly one" in the family. Never teased in school, i hate the world popular...but you can say i was. i was nice to everyone.

MACATTAK

This is horrible...while we expect our family "to be a soft place to fall" that's not always the case. My immediate family is awesome, but my extended family sucks in so many ways. I would definitely sit down & talk with them and let them know how you feel. If that does not work, you as an adult, have the right, and the choice to not accept/tolerate/put up with that anymore. When we are younger we don't have many choices, but as adults we do. We cannot choose our family, but we can choose to do something about it. Only you know what you need, and what will work for you..but remember that you do have a BIG say in how your life goes (and how much you will put up with) from here on out.

semtexgirl

So sorry to hear about your predicament. Unfortunately, you can't choose your family and in your case, they just aren't the support net they should be. Seems like they either aren't aware of how harmful their remarks are or they are aware, but they just don't care. Keep your head up and try to fill your free time with friends that accept you for who you are. I feel for ya, no one should have to feel this uncomfortable around family. If you ever need to talk, PM me - I'm in Nassau County (Long Island).

Tubachick02

I have always been the "fat ugly" one in my family too that was when I was a size 6, I'm a 12 now, what i did was find friends that love me and will be there no matter what, and found a personaly style i love, I do as I please weather they like it or not. All I can say is find out who you are and be that person weather they like it or not.

Beauty Mark

I would try talking to them, but if that doesn't work, limit your contact with them as much as possible. People, regardless of being family or not, that negative are only going to bring you down in the end. You should never subject yourself to that kind of awfulness.

stefania905

Thanks for everyones kind words....& your mypace comments lol they DO mean a lot. i was looking for some place to vent to & THANK YOU GUYS FOR NOT REJECTING ME

i made it 20 years, im not gonna stop now! but its just so hardddd sometimes. ..i may be bruised....but im still here....

i just hate how EVERYTHING is focused on physical appearance.
sure we all wear make up, but IT IS FOR OURSELVES. i keep telling my family that if i want to lose weight, I HAVE TO WANT IT...and for myself. heck...if any guy wants me to change...he's NOT WORTH IT. it's too much energy to be fake.

i wonder how it became to be so instilled in some peoples minds that "skinny" is the only way to be. being comfortable & enjoying EVERY second of life no matter what should be taught.

i dont wanna be dramatic, but after my sexual assalt inccident last year....ive grown in certain ways. id say thats the only good thing that came out of it all.

MiCHiE

Girl, your family, their words and actions are straight up TOXIC. You sound like your head is on right, so don't let other people's opinions affect the way you feel about yourself. If your grandmother, mother and brother all act this way, you have to break the cycle. When people are treated badly, they treat others badly. Not because they're mean people, but because it's all they know. You know better. You are better. Keep your head up.

DevinGirl

First of all, I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm a rape survivor & it's no walk in the park. Simply existing after something like that's happened is tough enough. You are brave, strong, & a very insightful person & that's wonderful b/c you have every reason to want to crawl under a rock & stay forever...but your real strength shows when you don't. I also have a, for lack of better term, dysfunctional family. As hard as is it, you have to realize that some people (related or not) are just bad for you. Like a food allergy or a virus. They will infect you and/or drag you down. You don't deserve that. Unfortunately we can't choose our family & keeping them out of our lives is easier said than done. But you have to do something. You don't deserve or need this abuse. I'd try one last time to tell them to knock their bullshit off or b/c of their ignorance & stupidity that they'll lose you. Be prepared for them not to change. People that are fucked up rarely do... You need to move on though. Cut all the negativity out of your life as much as you can. Sadly it seems like the people that are supposed to love you unconditionally are the cause of a lot of stress in your life. You are a brave person & I'd huge you if I could. I'm going thru lots of awful stuff right now, but by reading this...I do get inspiration from you. Don't let this get the best of you.
th_hug.gif

blueyedlady87

I'm so sorry to hear that. thas just awful.
ssad.gif
behind my back my family (extended, not my mom/dad) calls me a slut. and i'm like, huh? i've had 1 serious boyfriend ever! what you need to realize is that alot of people are going to put others down to build themselves up. it's just awful that your family is that way. family should be a shelter and safehaven. sigh. dogs are indeed wonderful, so forgiving and unconditionally loving. my dogs got me through a bad breakup and kept me from suicide. just don't give up hope, "you are beautiful... no matter what they say. words can't bring you down!"
smiles.gif

Bybs

It sounds like you need to remove negative people from your life and surround yourself with happy, positive poeple.