SOS for oily skin!!

ramieee

ok, so i have EXTREMELY OILY skin with some red acne scarring that I would love to cover up. I do have sensitive skin and some large pores on my nose as well (i kno, painting a pretty picture here
ssad.gif
) anyways if theres anyone out there in a similar predicament as me, can you please recommend a super good concealer and foundation for my sensitive and oily skin! TIA!

annejlee8

i feel you girl. in the morning wen i put on my makeup it's all matte looking but by middle of the day my tzone gets EXTREEMLY OILYYYYYYY due to the fact that i have large pores on the sides of my nose...and plus i have red acne scarring too..i think the best thing to do is to just leave that area alone so it can heal and not irritate it some more by puttin more stuff on it...it might even break you out more..and by the way..maybe you don't hydrate your skin enough or you're over hydrating it with too much face lotion? hope this helps! let me know how things work out!

Ithica

I agree with what Aneejlee8 says, perhaps you are either not using enough moisturiser or actually over doing it. I used to get an extremely oily and rather spotty complexion and I've noticed the difference now that I dont drink sugary drinks etc, only water and black tea (no you dont have to do that,lol) But the water has helped, I've also found using a clay mask helps my skin, my moisturiser contains clay too.

As for when I have make up on.. it still does get oily then, I use a powder that helps, I dont have to do many touch ups either.
I've found for me, with simular type skin that Mac studio tech works great (strangely enough) Its go great coverage without really having to load it on, blends easily and doesn't dry my skin out at all, I team that with the mac compressed powder.

ramieee

thanks for ur feedbacks!
i guess i made my skin sound really bad. its just that
im 25yrs old and i feel like im old enough to be acne free.
my skin isnt that badly scarred just some red spots and
the occassional flare ups.
im just genetically "gifted" with oily skin which sux =/
the oiliness of my skin just melts the foundation off my
face at the end of the day~
ive been looking at the mac full coverage and studio tech
and i cant decide which one im going to try. i love macs
color makeup but ive never tried their foundations. now
that you mention it, ill have to go with the studio tech.

but if theres any other brands out there thats good for
oily skin with full coverage let me know!

thanks thanks~

dmenchi

I'm not really into mineral makeup , but i've heard some people with sensitive like it. Have you ever tried Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel/liquid? It helped my skin sooo much, i really love it. I don't even use retin-a anymore because that's all i needed to shrink my pores and fight oilies!
smiles.gif

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramieee
thanks for ur feedbacks!
i guess i made my skin sound really bad. its just that
im 25yrs old and i feel like im old enough to be acne free.
my skin isnt that badly scarred just some red spots and
the occassional flare ups.
im just genetically "gifted" with oily skin which sux =/
the oiliness of my skin just melts the foundation off my
face at the end of the day~
ive been looking at the mac full coverage and studio tech
and i cant decide which one im going to try. i love macs
color makeup but ive never tried their foundations. now
that you mention it, ill have to go with the studio tech.

but if theres any other brands out there thats good for
oily skin with full coverage let me know!

thanks thanks~

I wouldn't recommend Studio Tech on Oily Skin, specially for daily use, it broke me out in a horrid way.

I'd recommend a powder foundation like Smashbox's.

Love Always Ivy

i definetly reccomend that first you should reconsider your skin care regimen and work on clearing up the skin, because it doesnt matter how good you cover it up, your makeup is only as good as the skin underneath.

i have the same problems as you and recently i have started using Murad's clarifying cleanser 2x a day, followed by their exfoliating gel and spot treatment and then Philosophy's hope in a jar, and its really helping my redness and pimples go away and fade. ALSO i have noticed a significant DECREASE in oiliness, even when its been swealtering hot here lately.

but if you do have oily and acne prone skin, i definetly reccomend to use a GOOD primer after a good moisturizer, because it forms a barrier between your skin and the foundation - keeping the goodstuff in and bad stuff out. and most primers do help with dispersing oil so you dont look so shiny. i definetly reccomend NARS oil free primer or Peter Thomas Roth Max AntiShine mattifying gel.

as fo foundation, i tried Studio Fix powder and i felt that it was super powdery and dry and accentuates any blemish bumps or imperfections on your skin, plus it broke me out horribly. but i did switch to Studio Tech + blot powder pressed to set and its giving me great buildable coverage with a natural matte finish. it hasnt broken me out!

ivorygleam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
I wouldn't recommend Studio Tech on Oily Skin, specially for daily use, it broke me out in a horrid way.

I'd recommend a powder foundation like Smashbox's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
as fo foundation, i tried Studio Fix powder and i felt that it was super powdery and dry and accentuates any blemish bumps or imperfections on your skin, plus it broke me out horribly. but i did switch to Studio Tech + blot powder pressed to set and its giving me great buildable coverage with a natural matte finish. it hasnt broken me out!

So - I have a pretty oily tzone as well. I wash my face twice a day, mositurize twice a day & toner only at night. I recently bought Studio Fix on the suggestion of my favorite MAC MA, and I've noticed my skin is slightly breaking out... I'm wondering if I should stop using the foundation every day to see if there is a change in my skin. I've heard really good things about the Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15; but I'm worried about the sunscreen as that breaks me out in other products... any ideas?

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorygleam
So - I have a pretty oily tzone as well. I wash my face twice a day, mositurize twice a day & toner only at night. I recently bought Studio Fix on the suggestion of my favorite MAC MA, and I've noticed my skin is slightly breaking out... I'm wondering if I should stop using the foundation every day to see if there is a change in my skin. I've heard really good things about the Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15; but I'm worried about the sunscreen as that breaks me out in other products... any ideas?

Mineralize Satinfinish is for dry and normal skin, I wouldn't recommend it on combination/oily skin as it will accentuate any shiny areas and isn't oil-free.

ivorygleam

Quote:
Mineralize Satinfinish is for dry and normal skin, I wouldn't recommend it on combination/oily skin as it will accentuate any shiny areas and isn't oil-free.

OH - thanks for that. I guess I should have mentioned to the MA that I had oily skin.

Jenlai

Quote:

I will second that! I like the way it looks, but after a few hours my skin starts looking really oily!

ramieee

ive decided to go with my current face: Laura mercier powder foundation
ive tried the liquid oil free foundation but the powder gives me better coverage with not much need for a concealer. but the only con about this is the price. for 40$ this stuff doesnt last much for everyday use. but what can i say, it doesnt break me out, keeps my oily skin under control and matches my skintone perrrfectly~

glam8babe

Quote:

i have very oily skin and i used to use this foundation n it didnt make my skin shiny if i put a loose powder on top. i wouldnt say its a great foundation though

makeba

I have oily skin and have found that pressed powder foundation works best. keep in mind you must treat the skin with good cleansing products before applying your makeup. i have found that aloe vera gel is my holy grail because it heals any blemishes i get and helps close my pores. mac prep/prime skin is awesome too. i use this product after i apply the aloe vera gel.

Hilly

Clinique recently came out with a 3 piece kit called Acne Solutions and it has been great for my oily skin. It has gotten sooo much better. I highly recommend it!