South Asian/Indian MAC lipstick recommendations?

Flammable

Hi, I am NC 42 in Studio fix and of South Asian/Indian origin. I have light brown skin with yellow undertones and my veins appear green.

I love Instinctive (LE), Rebel, Dubonnet, Hot Tahiti and Polished up as they look good on me. I can pull off 'O' with coral or wine toned lipliners, otherwise it can look too dark/muddy on me.

Midimauve, Fresh Brew, Sea Sheer, Underworld are no good on me.

Given all that, can someone recommend a good everyday pink from MAC? And any good nude lippies for my skintone? I am looking for lipstick recommendations only as glosses are too sticky or too shiny for me.

Thanks a lot!!!
smiles.gif

alehoney

For reference I am a NC40 (NC42 in the summer) I also have yellow undertones and my veins appear green, my lips are not very pigmented and for a Smokey eye I often use High tea or Jubilee-both of them are nude on me. High tea is more pinky but still nude and Jubilee is a nice fleshy nude color. Hope that helps. I will look into my MAC lipstick collection to see if I can help with other recommendations.

Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikana
I'm NC44, and I LOVEEEE the 4N lipstick from the N collection!
smiles.gif

Here's the swatch from the MAC website: MAC Cosmetics | Swatches | 4N

Thanks, I'll have to try it out since it looks kinda more brownish than I might be able to pull off.
winks.gif

Kuuipo

O, Brick-o-La, Rage, Smoove, Del Rio,Fresh Morrocan. Reds with brownis undertones and a lot of color punch. Luster is lost on you...

Honey B. Fly

Skew is a soft coral frosty pink that is sooo pretty, my skin is sim. to urs and i love it, Lame and Craving are nice warm natural everyday pinks too

Kuki

hey - im indian too, but i LOVE flattering in the mattene collection, and angel l/s

Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammable
Thanks, I'll have to try it out since it looks kinda more brownish than I might be able to pull off.
winks.gif

4N is great, comes off as a peachy nude on me. This just confirms that the swatches and descriptions on the MAC website are not close to the real color payoff on different skintones.

nics1972

I am Indian too and I love O, Fetish, Fresh Moroccan..
Check out MisaMayah's swatches thread.. its amazing !!! It should help..

Switz1880

I am Indian and NC42 also and I have been wearing Viva Glam VI with VGV VI gloss a lot recently and just bought Sophisto - they are pretty similar, good, everyday pinks. I think Sophisto is a bit darker when you layer it 2-3 times. As far as nudes, I am still trying to find a good one - I do like Cafe Matte from the Mattene collection as it is similar to my lip color, but is lighter than most colors that I wear. HTH!!!

mimibrowneyes

i've been lookin for the perfect nude l/s- recently bought twig- didnt like, and half and half which is gorgeous wit c-thru lipstick. im an nc30/35 south asian (bangladeshi). alot the the supposed nudes do come up too pink or too beige on south asian skin tones. cliniques silver pink is a gorgeous lipstick!! but not sure if thats a permanent on their collection.

lilhenna

I'm an NC42 South Asian, as well. Here is my lipstick collection (may be helpful).

Browns and Brown Tones:
Mousse Slimshine
Ultra Elegent Slimshine
Cafe Matte Mattene
Assertive Slimshine
Most Wanted Slimshine
X-S

Purples:
Hipster
Solar Plum
Proudeaux Slimshine

Pinks:
Imtimidate Slimshine
Flowerplay
Blankety
Scant Slimshine
Hollywood Nights

Reds:
Dubonnet
Port Red
Si Fi Delity
Rozz Revival

Corals:
Lollipop Loving
Pleasureseeker
Overrich
Pink Cabana

Other:
N5
Electro
Media

anshu7

i didnt know there were so many indians on spectra.net!
cool!
neways indian here too.my frd is nc40 she uses viva glam V check it out

kelcia

I'm indian (wow.. there are lots go us!)
NC42 (live on an island = constant tan) Probably gonna go back up to NC40 when i'm in college.
For pink I use Lustering. It's awesome. =D
Nude I have no idea. I'm thinking of trying Jubilee like in an above post though.