South Beach Diet

mitziedoll

Hello,
I was wondering if any of you have ever tried this diet. I have a friend who has dropped a ton of weight on it. She says that she eats healthier foods with more moderation than in the Atkins diet. Any thoughts?

d_flawless

i have and i thought it was pretty easy to follow. i would definitely recommend reading up on it first though, because i think you're better off following the plan from the book than improvising and just buying the SBD foods at the store. it's a lot more "loose" when it comes to carbs than atkins, and a hell of a lot less restrictive compared to a lot of fad diets. i think if done properly you could probably lose a lot and keep it off.

MacVirgin

i've been wondering how thisdiet work for a some time....... i need to halfsize my booty among other things..

mitziedoll

Well,
This diet is low carb but not no carb it does allow for some fruits veggies and whole grains. From what I understand it works in three phases the first being strict and the third for maintenence. Seriously it looked like she lost 10lbs or more the first week.