Sparkley Black Shadow Recs

DarkGlamourXO

I'm looking for shadow recs sim. to NARS' Night line. Anything black & pigmented with any shade or type of sparkle(like black with a purple shimmer) and ect.

Thanks!
smiles.gif

Steel Magnolia

You could check out Beauty Marked (black with reddish purple shimmer) or Black tied (black with silver shimmer) by Mac?

A dupe for black tied is Oil slick by Urban decay. HTH!

Ps. For best results use wet and to get the glitter in beauty marked to show up, use over a red base.

Dr_Girlfriend

I second "Oil Slick" from Urban Decay. Also, any of the MES from MAC Style Black would work. They were too chunky for my taste but would be awesome if you like glitter and want a different color shift.

ThePostcardOrg

Inglot has some great black eyeshadows with all sorts of different shades of glitter (silver, red, blue ect.)
Though Inglot can be kind of hard to get a hold of as they only have one store in the US (times square NY) but if you have a chance to check them out. The are comparable to mac and nars shadows, exept you can buy them in different amounts of palettes for really cheap. I bought 10 shadows in a palette for 55dollars, so that averages out to 5,50 per shadow!
greengrin.gif

LC

I'm interested in a black shadow that has a lot of glitter that actually shows up. Black tied doesn't really show up the glitter that much. Besides MES, are there any black shadows, of any brand, that show up more glitter than black tied?

JustAddSparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC
I'm interested in a black shadow that has a lot of glitter that actually shows up. Black tied doesn't really show up the glitter that much. Besides MES, are there any black shadows, of any brand, that show up more glitter than black tied?

The NARS one that OP wants a dupe for is the best black with glitter I have come accross!
smiles.gif

miamialli

I have NARS night breed, MAC black tied, cinderfella and dark soul pigment.
I think cinderfella and dark soul might be what you are looking for.
i'll try to swatch them for you. this is my first time posting a picture, hope it works.
hmm.gif

the pics are from top to bottom: pic 1 DRY- dark soul pigment, cinderfella, black tied, night breed pic 2 WET dark soul pigment, cinderfella, black tied, night breed

cinderfella def has the most glitter

Shadowy Lady

I also recomment Cinderfella MES, it's more of a charcoal gray with silver sparkle and is just gorgeous. I eprsonally don't have problems with fallout. I use a cream base and apply them with mixing medium

DarkGlamourXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamialli
I have NARS night breed, MAC black tied, cinderfella and dark soul pigment.
I think cinderfella and dark soul might be what you are looking for.
i'll try to swatch them for you. this is my first time posting a picture, hope it works.
hmm.gif

the pics are from top to bottom: pic 1 DRY- dark soul pigment, cinderfella, black tied, night breed pic 2 WET dark soul pigment, cinderfella, black tied, night breed

cinderfella def has the most glitter

Thank you that was helpful! Applying them wet really makes a difference.

Mabelle

the night series by NARS and teh style black MES. The trick with these kinds of shadows is playing with coloured bases. If you just use a flesh toned based, they dont do a whole heck of a lot. i notice when i put a black base under night porter (black with green pearl) i see mostly black, but with tons of green sparkle. If i use a green base, i see mostly green with some black.
For beauty marked (black with purplish red) if i used a red base, it comes out winey purplier.
With MES from style black a black base is a must, and imo they are best when foiled.

They are tricksy mixes these colours, but if you want to put in some elbow work and play around with them, eventually youll get some stunning shades!

Latest posts