*Specific* question about paints :)

iheartangE

So I read all of the "Paints" threads in the Asked & Answered Forum and did a search but of course there's like a billion threads on paints, anyway I apologize to the mods if this has been asked before!

Buuut I want to try using Canton Candy paint as a base for my eyeshadow, and in order to get it to dry more slowly (so I can work with it better) a MAC MA told me to use an emollient eye cream underneath it first (I'm gonna try Moisturelush
greengrin.gif
).

So then, how do I use UDPP? Do I put it on first, then eye cream, then paint (that just sound wrong to me though)? If I use the eye cream first, won't UDPP just dry out my lids and then the paint will just go on and dry as quickly as usual?

I guess I could just not use UDPP...anyway, what do you all think? Any suggestions, tips, ideas, etc. are greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!!
th_DANCE.gif

baroquely

I'd suggest not using UDPP. Paints do a really nice job of keeping my eyeshadow in place even without UDPP or another base underneath them. I feel like if you used UDPP with the eye cream + the paint it would just turn into a semi-muddy ick mess, even if you waited for the UDPP to set.

newagetomatoz

Very rarely do I use both paints and UDPP. The only times I use both are when I want my makeup to go from 6am till 2am--especially in the summer, when it is humid. I think you would be fine with one or the other.

As far as adding the moisturiser underneath, I generally wait about 15 minutes after applying to make sure it is absorbed thoroughly. But if you want to slow the drying time of your paints, I would say to just wait a minute or two. HTHS!