Specktra Mobile

BloopBloop

I know of some forums that allow internet-ready cell phones to reformat the layout to suit the size. I was hoping of a mobile feature for specktra as well. pretty please? =]

mizuki~

Great idea! Specktra doesn't even work on my Sidekick
ssad.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

I visit Specktra via via mobile, and fortunately, Safari makes it a pleasant experience for me, but I don't think that right now we as a community have the resources to build mobile compatible website and redirect traffic from the devices to a mobile site, but of course, only Janice has the final word on that.

BloopBloop

i use a blackberry and visit a couple of forums as well. I used to mod a forum when i was in high school, and there was an option post a link for a "lo-fi" version. These were already set before i was upgraded to a moderator, but im sure if we can ask the board provider about this. The forum i used to mod hosted their board at Invisionboard.

Basically what it was is just all text and no images (i think at all.) I know this may be an issue for the FOTD subforums, but there may be a way around it if people posted their images as links as well. Besides that, i'd still like to read other subforums and threads.

**edit**

Ayy, after snooping around i realized this forum is hosted by vBulletin =[ and after some googling, they dont provide that service ='[ *sniffles. However it looks like they allow user theme selections. So now I am currently checking to see if there are any lo-fi-like themes lol.

I'm a specktra forum addict, and when you combine that to my blackberry addiction... it gets obsessive. =p

Septemba

Good thread, BloopBloop!

I've had trouble loading Specktra on my mob if I go directly here, but for some reason if I go via Google it loads differently and with no probs?
th_dunno.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Love this idea. I'd love to be able to view threads and posts and make posts on my phone instead of having to get on the computer all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Great idea! Specktra doesn't even work on my Sidekick
ssad.gif

Which Sidekick do you have hun? I have the LX right now and I'm able to view mostly everything on this site with no problem unless there are a ton of pics on a certain page I'm trying to visit (same applies for any other site with a hundred pics). But the white text box where you can type up posts, replies, and messages doesn't show up though.
ssad.gif
So I just only do looksies most of the time.