Specktra pays off...

Piaqua

So I went to my local MAC counter today with a friend of mine. I'd never been to this one (I'm at college, and so I usually wait until I'm home and go to that one to visit my fave MA), and it was wonderful. All of the girls were so nice. My friend wanted her makeup done, and while she was getting done, I was chatting up the mua and she was so impressed with everything I knew about MAC, thanks to all of you lovliers at specktra, (and my eyeshadow; every girl at the counter commented on it) that she was really intent on me applying. I said I couldn't because freshman can't have cars, and she told me I should do freelance because it would be easy to get a ride there just for events and such. I'm pretty excited about it. A few questions though. Does anyone know what the pay for freelancers is? Do you still get 60%, or a makeup allowance? Wow... I'm still getting over the happy excited feeling
yahoo.gif

giz2000

I guess it depends on the local market...here in Miami, freelancers don't get a discount (unless you have your PRO card, then it's 40%)....no makeup allowance either...you're on your own.

Demosthenes

Not necessarily, you need to apply like other PPID members, with a business card, contract, or other types of proof.

MisStarrlight

My area pays $17.
And you can get the Pro Card as Freelance, but you paystub doesn't count as evidence (something that nearly every MA has told me would). Once you start you have to get a letter from you RM saying you work there....and then make some business cards for the second proof.
Business cards are good to have anyways. I've had a bunch of people ask for mine after I've done makeovers & stuff-check your store's policy on that first though.