Specktra the devil?!

midnightlouise

So I went to the MAC freestanding store here in town on Friday. I took my list, and I had been saving and selling on ebay so I could afford a pretty significant haul...*cough* over $200 *cough* One of the male MAs sees the notebook and the stash that was piling up on the counter and says "wow, you are a serious MAC addict!" To which I replied grinning, "yes, thanks to Specktra."

And he says to me..."that little underground website is the devil!" (picture this in a slightly Southern accent and it's even funnier, no offence to those with Southern accents, keep reading....)
He walked away to help another customer, and I had to laugh, because in my mind I'm hearing Kathy Bates in Waterboy with her thick Louisiana accent saying "Foosball is the devil." Bwah-ha-ha! ("Look, Mama, the devil's on TV")

So I said to my MA "well, I guess I won't tell him I'm a moderator there"
greengrin.gif
and at that she started laughing, too.
greengrin.gif

I guess he doesn't love us
ssad.gif
*sad violin music playing in the background* heh heh...

So wait, if Specktra is the devil what are we? Little MAC demons? :twisted:

JesusShaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
"Foosball is the devil."

exactly how i heard it in my head!
hahahaha! I LOOOVE that LINE!!!

glittergoddess27

Sign me up! I will gladly admit to being De-MAC spawn,...I get more people hooked,... I do think maybe we do need a help forum on here like MAC-Addicts Anonymous that supports those who want to reform their MAC spending habits,.. eventually I will need it,.. someday,.. maybe,..probably,... no,.. No,..I don't have a MAC problem,.. no,.. no not me,....

user2

If we were devils, we would boycot MAC! We should be MAC angels because we support them with our money!

But it's more like a symbiosis: money for makeup!
graucho.gif

inlucesco

Specktra IS the devil. I would never lustfully long for all the new collections like I do, if not for this board.
winks.gif

But if I'm going to be addicted, this is what I'd want to be addicted to...

bottleblack

Specktra IS the devil! Lord knows how much money I've spent since joining this place!

But, if this is hell, I guess I can live with it.
graucho.gif

mspixieears

Specktra is the devil to my bank account, but as for myself, and I've got the French philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre to back me up on it, hell is just that bit more exciting than heaven...as discussed in his play "No Exit" (Huis Clos)

That's a joke, I mean no offence to religious Specktra members
smiles.gif

Wattage

LOL - he called Specktra the devil while you were piling makeup at his till?? What a quack!!

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
LOL - he called Specktra the devil while you were piling makeup at his till?? What a quack!!

Hmm if he was southern sounding then maybe his calling specktra Devil translates more to something toward meaning surprising,.. counfounding,..precosious,... I know my aunt from Kentucky used to say things using the word devil along those lines???

Isis

Quote:
in my mind I'm hearing Kathy Bates in Waterboy with her thick Louisiana accent saying "Foosball is the devil." Bwah-ha-ha! ("Look, Mama, the devil's on TV")

rofl.gif
I love that movie!! That's the first thing I thought of when I read this title.
Specktra is that little fiendish voice in my head when I go shopping
greengrin.gif

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
Hmm if he was southern sounding then maybe his calling specktra Devil translates more to something toward meaning surprising,.. counfounding,..precosious,... I know my aunt from Kentucky used to say things using the word devil along those lines???

rofl.gif
LOL!!
rofl.gif

Sorry, just thinking of this dude saying this, working at MAC, saying "the devil!" in a southern accent... oh it makes me howl! It's such an oxymoron and so funny! I know exactly what you mean, how they have different interpretations - and I most likely (being Canadian) interpret it as he is saying something bad. But when you put it the way you did, it is much more funny - and enjoyable
winks.gif

ledonatella

That's funny! The people at my MAC store think it's cool we are obsessed and visit Specktra and MUA so much
smiles.gif

glittergoddess27

No,. no problem,. I kinda wondered if he meant it that way,.. and trust me,.. around here (At least in Indiana) You can be on a different side of town and what you say means something different,.. it drives me crazy! I bet you have a cute accent Wattage,... I love the whole Canadian sound!

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
That's funny! The people at my MAC store think it's cool we are obsessed and visit Specktra and MUA so much
smiles.gif

Yep,.. they get so excited that I know about the new stuff sometimes before they do.. They think it is really cool. Nordies here is trying to recruit me but I am nervous about going for freelance,.. not sure that I am good enough,.. but then again,.. I have seen some of the freelance people they have and I beat their pants off,.. ?? I just dont know.

Parishoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27

That's how i thought he meant it, I used to live in the south & I met ppl who refered to their kids as little devils (i guess their way of calling somebody a cheeky monkey?)

My bank account is not happy w/ specktra. I used to live near a two freestanding store, a cco, and multiple counters, then i moved & of course THEN the addiction has to start when i don't have access like i used to.

bocagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage

No he's not a quack. I don't think he meant it in a bad way, different sections of society say things that are interpreted in different ways. I would have said the exact same thing as he did, but I wouldn't have meant it in a bad way.

Quiana

rofl.gif
Quote:
So I went to the MAC freestanding store here in town on Friday. I took my list, and I had been saving and selling on ebay so I could afford a pretty significant haul...*cough* over $200 *cough* One of the male MAs sees the notebook and the stash that was piling up on the counter and says "wow, you are a serious MAC addict!" To which I replied grinning, "yes, thanks to Specktra."

And he says to me..."that little underground website is the devil!" (picture this in a slightly Southern accent and it's even funnier, no offence to those with Southern accents, keep reading....)
He walked away to help another customer, and I had to laugh, because in my mind I'm hearing Kathy Bates in Waterboy with her thick Louisiana accent saying "Foosball is the devil." Bwah-ha-ha! ("Look, Mama, the devil's on TV")

So I said to my MA "well, I guess I won't tell him I'm a moderator there"
greengrin.gif
and at that she started laughing, too.
greengrin.gif

I guess he doesn't love us
ssad.gif
*sad violin music playing in the background* heh heh...

So wait, if Specktra is the devil what are we? Little MAC demons? :twisted:

:rolf: I know EXACTLY who you are talking about!!!!

midnightlouise

Hmm...yeah now that you guys mention it, I should have asked him what he meant by that lol! At the time I assumed it was something bad, because of the tone of his voice and he kind of had that disapproving look. Who knows, though? Some MAC MAs just naturally act like that anyway! I'm from Indianapolis, and even though I've lived in the South for years and I call my kids little devils (heh heh) I still might not have been picking up on it
greengrin.gif
I tend to be a little shell-shocked when I'm in the MAC store. He could insult my Mom & I would probably just look at him with a vacant stare....

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiana
rofl.gif

:rolf: I know EXACTLY who you are talking about!!!!

That's too funny! I didn't even have to describe him!!!
greengrin.gif