Spend my $100!

TUPRNUT

My husband and I just received our stimulus check from the IRS. We are trying our best to be smart about the way we use it and plan to put some away for our daughter, some in the bank, some away for future furniture purchases and we are allowing ourselves $100 each. I know it's not all that much, but like I said, we're trying to be responsible.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend mine on beauty products but I haven't yet decided what products I'll buy. So, help me! If you had $100 to spend freely on beauty products, what would your top picks be?

I'll let you know what I decide, but I'd love to read your ideas!

Sparklevixen81

I am kinda in the same boat with having some extra(just graduated) Personally I am need of upgrading my skincare so I am looking at eye cream and moisturizer, and concealer.

What do you want to add to your collection? eyeshadows? lip products?

TUPRNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklevixen81
I am kinda in the same boat with having some extra(just graduated) Personally I am need of upgrading my skincare so I am looking at eye cream and moisturizer, and concealer.

What do you want to add to your collection? eyeshadows? lip products?

I guess I feel that I have a lot of MAC (realitvely speaking of course) and that I would like to explore some other brands. I am really interested in Chanel, Dior and Nars, specifically but have an interest in some of the Cargo blushes too, since I've heard great things about them.

So, I guess I'd like to add something different to my collection... maybe a must-have scent, a great highlighter, THE blush or the best mascara. Maybe something that's a little more $$ than I would spend on a product, but now I wouldn't feel so guilty about it, you know?

Sparklevixen81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUPRNUT
I guess I feel that I have a lot of MAC (realitvely speaking of course) and that I would like to explore some other brands. I am really interested in Chanel, Dior and Nars, specifically but have an interest in some of the Cargo blushes too, since I've heard great things about them.

So, I guess I'd like to add something different to my collection... maybe a must-have scent, a great highlighter, THE blush or the best mascara. Maybe something that's a little more $$ than I would spend on a product, but now I wouldn't feel so guilty about it, you know?

Okay I am basing this on my experience and what I have read on here, hope it helps!

Chanel-just bought a powder foundation, pricey but I love it...heard their primer and lip gloss are great too.

Nars-lip gloss is going back(dried me out!) but their blushes are AMAZING-orgasm is a must have!

Dior-I am going to look into their concealers...not sure about what else but diorshow seems to be a popular mascara

Cargo-I have only tried their concealer.

kelcia

Cargo bronzer is awesome.
Dior Lipgloss.. it's the only lipgloss that I will actually use (not too fond of shiny.. i try so hard to hide it in my skin why the hell would i put it on my lips)
but no. they're amazing.. I think they're what.. 25 bucks each? i remember that's what they used to be.. like.. 2 years ago.. probably lots cheaper. Chanel anything is amazing.. I have shadow quads from them.. and have had them for like.. ever.
I have both Chanel and Dior liquid make up. Great stuff same for Dior and Chanel powders.. but I mean.. MAC is the same stuff for cheaper.
Chanel nail polishes are top notch.
I'm pretty sure that if you do anything withing Dior and Chanel you'll be fine.. I doubt the mascara's though. Don't suggest buying those at all. I despise those older ladies with the spider lashes and they're like 'oh no it's my diorshow this is how it's supposed to look"
But as you know with these guys 100 bucks isn't gonna go far at all.. so I suggest going to counters checking stuff out and trying to get trials. Reviews help too!
Good Luck!

user79

I'd invest in quality brushes, if you don't have any or enough yet. You'll def get your bang for your buck that way because they will last forever.
smiles.gif

You should def check out blushes from Nars & Bobbi Brown, and also the BB pot rouges blushes.

GlossyAbby

Going from what u stated i would def. get nars orgasm blush or the multiple stick is my personal favorite....and for chanel you can't go wrong w/ a glossimer their l/g are AMAZING! I want to get a lot more of the glossimers but I keep buying up the new maccollections
smiles.gif

user79

If you do get a Nars blush please check out the other shades besides Orgasm as well. I know thats what a lot of people recommend as a staple and it was also my first Nars purchase, but I think it's my least fav one! The other blushes get overlooked bc of the hype surrounding Nars Orgasm.
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'd invest in quality brushes, if you don't have any or enough yet. You'll def get your bang for your buck that way because they will last forever.
smiles.gif

iagree.gif

glamqueen1

I would also get a foundation, and Chanel are known to have really good ones. I've read good reviews on Poudre libre (loose powder)for example. Other good brands for foundations are Estee Lauder ,Helena Rubinstein and Laura Mercier. I would get HR's magic concealer or LM's secret concealer + brightening powder.

lethaldesign

NARS - Blushes... ITA with MissChievous too - check out shades other than Orgasm - its great, but there are some other beautiful shades as well.

Cargo - The BIG Bronzer is the my fave bronzer ever! Awesome color for any skintone, minimal shimmer, very velvety and will last forever because its so big. Their lipglosses are also awesome.

Dior - Lipgloss!!!! I looove their lipgloss, the Ultra Gloss Reflect. The only other Dior cosmetic I've tried was Diorshow mascara because it had such good reviews, but I hated it. I love Dior Addict perfume.

Make Up For Ever - Their eyeshadows are SO pigmented & a dream to work with. If you don't have Purple 92, get it (if you like purples, that is...). I consider it my staple purple.