Spiral Curls w/ Marcel Iron

CaraAmericana

OK, so it is my second week at Regency Beauty Institute and we are in Thermal Styling. Today we learned how to use a Marcel curling iron, both electric and stove types. And I have to say wooo man I am a natural.

I did this tonight

1st layer

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

Crown

The Babyliss Ceramic Marcel Iron

This kind of gives you idea of what Ms Kim looked like before,

sinergy

good job! i hate marcels! lol. I am practicing for state board and its a good thing i only have to do one curl with it. salon fundamentals! i have those too.

KittieSparkles

Great Job!!
thmbup.gif

Marcel and I had a love hate relationship in school. When we got to that chapter in school I broke my electrical one, I got so mad I had flung it across the room.
angry.gif

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Cool. I wish my hair would hold a curl because I love that style.

Theres no thanks button under your comment....I added to your rep instead!
winks.gif

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
how oh how do you get the hair to curl like that???

Well, I use the marcel at the base and feed the hair thru till the ends of the hair have passed thru, rather than starting at the ends and rolling in. And the whole time I do this I keep my iron at an angle.

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
Well, I use the marcel at the base and feed the hair thru till the ends of the hair have passed thru, rather than starting at the ends and rolling in. And the whole time I do this I keep my iron at an angle.

def have to try that. thank you for responding!!
Is the Marcel something you got from your school, or can it be purchased at a beauty supplier??

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
def have to try that. thank you for responding!!
Is the Marcel something you got from your school, or can it be purchased at a beauty supplier??

Mine came with my school kit but I know you can buy them at beauty store or at folica.com

clslvr6spd

Are you learning Press & Curl? I just got past that in my school a couple weeks ago. It was interesting...we learned with the ovens so many people burned their dolls hair right off, lol. But it looks awesome. (I have an electric knockoff Marcel in my kit as well & imo they suck.)
If you have fine hair I think it will do more damage than anything, if you have ethnic or thick course hair go for it!

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
Are you learning Press & Curl? I just got past that in my school a couple weeks ago. It was interesting...we learned with the ovens so many people burned their dolls hair right off, lol. But it looks awesome. (I have an electric knockoff Marcel in my kit as well & imo they suck.)
If you have fine hair I think it will do more damage than anything, if you have ethnic or thick course hair go for it!

We learned press and curl via the textbook, and got to play with the pressing comb sametime we played with the oven marcels.

Funny story I was standing in front of the mirror trying to marcel my own hair and man'o man that was akward!

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
come work your magic on my hair! hahaha...srsly though...
greengrin.gif

If you were in a 20 mile radius...I totally would!