splenda

kimmae17

does anyone else have bad digestional reactions to splenda? I get SEVERE stomach cramping and gas (gross I know) I was just wondering if anyone else had these problems

CantAffordMAC

Hmmm....
I've been using Splenda for about...3-4 years now. I use it maybe 2 times a day (sometimes more). I never noticed any problems. for the past month I've had bad cramps and gas too, but I can't imagine it could be from Splenda...I've been using it for years.

th_dunno.gif

redambition

Splenda is a horrible product - and it's worse that consumers aren't really informed about what it is.

Splenda is sucralose - chemically altered sugar. It's not natural at all.

I suggest removing it from your diet to make sure that's what is causing your cramping.

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
Splenda is a horrible product - and it's worse that consumers aren't really informed about what it is.

Splenda is sucralose - chemically altered sugar. It's not natural at all.

I suggest removing it from your diet to make sure that's what is causing your cramping.

I KNOW thats what it is. a few years ago when splenda first came out, a co worker gave me a box of "no sugar added" chocolate covered pretzels. I ate most of them becuase i was in the car all day. and OH MY GOD i thought i was going to die, and was in the bathroom all day (too much information i know) I didnt really get what the problem was, until i accidently had splenda again a few months later. now i know to avoid it. but its hard! it keeps popping up in more and more items. like lite and fit yogurt for example! i used to love that stuff! now its made with splenda!

quinntastic

I'm glad other's have said it, Splenda is very bad for you. The artificial ingredients are dangerous.

It's better to just go with regular sugar.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmae17
I KNOW thats what it is. a few years ago when splenda first came out, a co worker gave me a box of "no sugar added" chocolate covered pretzels. I ate most of them becuase i was in the car all day. and OH MY GOD i thought i was going to die, and was in the bathroom all day (too much information i know) I didnt really get what the problem was, until i accidently had splenda again a few months later. now i know to avoid it. but its hard! it keeps popping up in more and more items. like lite and fit yogurt for example! i used to love that stuff! now its made with splenda!

whoops, i misread your post - sorry.

i don't get an adverse reaction to it as such, but i do feel a bit blah if i happen to ingest something containing splenda (or some other artificial sweetener). i tend to get a bit gassy as well.