Spot picking, got carried away!!

Cara

So without even realising i have a birthday party to attend this weekend, the spot that recently came up on my head began to get on my nerves.
In a moment of UTTER STUPIDITY, i decided its time had come and i was going to squeeze the demon out. It was like a blocked pore, that didnt *need* to be squeezed but i could feel it turning into something ...

So i squeeze. Doesnt move. I squeeze harder. Doesnt move. Now im mad at the spot and give it my all. .... Doesnt move.

Now i have a hole in my head :( Ive taken a patch of skin off, and in the middle of the patch- which is about the size of a finger nail - is a little mound which is the spot that i still didnt manage to get :(

[insert crying and sobbing here]

So ive slapped on bb cream right away and it made it look better. Didnt feel better! But if it looks better then i feel happier about the mess i made of my head. Im confident the bb cream will help to heal it slightly, but i need some quick tips as i have like ... 2 days to make it less noticeable!!

I havent washed off yet as my day is still going for a few more hours, but i know that it is going to be sore and red! I have bb cream thickly smeared over, and revlon colorstay and mac studio fix powder. This just about manages to disguise it, and its noticeability out of 10, i would say, if 10 is no makeup and right out there, currently - 6.5 :( So pretty bad, but it could be worse.....!

ANY tips would be greatly appreciated!! What can i do to help heal it faster??

Im drinking water and ill be on the exercise bike later too to help flush out the system and see if it might help with the zit-damage, is there anything i can put on it .. or would fresh air help more? Any home remedies that might even this mess out before the weekend?

Thanks!

purplevines

Clean it up and put polysporin at night, or a cortisone cream (a couple of times a day) (its OTC so you CAN buy it) which is even BETTER for inflammation!

Cara

I have a hydrocortisone cream... 1% that was prescribed for a facial rash on my husband.. reckon that might help?

purplevines

I have a hydrocortisone cream... 1% that was prescribed for a facial rash on my husband.. reckon that might help?
Ya test it out at first I suppose, but it always seems to help me (and others online) with those big red pimples. It's made for skin conditions, and does a really good job on anything inflamed (which I imagine yours is!).

Good luck!

Cara

Ahhh man, its too bad to even post a pic!! Right - time to wash and apply the hydrocortisone! Heres hoping! Thank you soooo much for the tip!
x

Cara

Its kind of, brought it out a bit, its still a bad mess, but its definitely healed slightly as its not red raw anymore. Im going to stick with the water drinking, bb cream and h/c cream until the weekend! Hopefully by then i can cover it so it doesnt even notice *sigh
Why did i have to pick it!!!

Sophiaaa

Hi, you may try a home chemical peel. Chemical peels may help you by removing the top layer of skin. Just be careful and follow the directions exactly.

Cara

Ive survived the weekend, and the pics arent too bad, i can use the 'beautify tool' to hide any clear signs on pics!!
Well, im now left with a horrible scab ;/ Uggggh pains me to even say it. The last few nights, i havent put anything on it, but ive been recommended to

1- use talc to help it dry out and clear up quicker
and
2- use vaseline to keep the area moisturised so the scab doest dry the whole area out and heal quicker....

Anybody tried either of these, theyre both in conflict with the same outcome!! Im just going to leave it with nothing on tonight, but if anybody can recommend either of these to help it heal up quicker, ill give that a go!

purplevines

if it's already a scab it doesn't need to be more dried out

try the vaseline? it just holds moisture in so I'm not quite sure what the would do to the scab, since scabs are essential to healing so the new skin underneath can grow in peace. if the scab is a fully formed scab i doubt moisture would inhibit anything?

Glad it was a little better!

Cara

So far, one night i put nothing on the 'blemish'! and the next morning it was very dry and makeup had a job to hide it.
Then i tried vaseline the next night and the next morning it was super easy to hide it with makeup.
Ive been using a little smear of vaseline over the 'problem' and it genuinely seems to be helping it. The skin around it is not dry or flaky or pulling, the 'problem' is shrinking quite fast and the skin isnt pinky or red - its pretty much normal! I think vaseline is the way to go when you get carried away destroying your face trying to pick spots. Although, moral of the story is just dont pick it!!!
I think a few more days and it should be gone. Then i will bind my hands behind my back if i ever get another something-or-other that i think i want to pick. Gaaaahh, never ever again!!
Thanks for your help!
x

Cara

Its finally gone!!!
yahoo.gif

My husband started calling me 'cornflake girl' and playing Tori Amos whenever i entered the room, gah! Damn him!! But at least its gone, sadly, i think the name is going to stick!