Spot the fake pigment

look_divine

wow i was right woohooo to me
smiles.gif

thanks

MACATTAK

Agreed with the above. Dark Soul is definitely fake. It's a little hard to tell on Copper Sparkle and Copperclast, but if you bought them from the same seller, I wouldn't doubt that they are all fake
ssad.gif

look_divine

no off different sellers, the label on the copper sparkle has the batch code engraved on unlike the dark soul

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
no off different sellers, the label on the copper sparkle has the batch code engraved on unlike the dark soul

I want to make a quick observation here - yes this dark soul is fake as are just about all A66 batches - BUT batch codes arent all stamped ("engraved" as you put it). Plenty of authentic batch codes ARE printed instead - one of the keys is to make sure that if its printed on instead of stamped make sure its UNDER the name, not above like this dark soul.

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I want to make a quick observation here - yes this dark soul is fake as are just about all A66 batches - BUT batch codes arent all stamped ("engraved" as you put it). Plenty of authentic batch codes ARE printed instead - one of the keys is to make sure that if its printed on instead of stamped make sure its UNDER the name, not above like this dark soul.

ah right i thought it had to be engraved, so its still a fake though?
thanks
smiles.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
ah right i thought it had to be engraved, so its still a fake though?
thanks
smiles.gif

yep - still fake! the actual pigment colour is off, the batch code is off (there were billions of fakes in this colour from that so called batch flogged on ebay), the base sticker is wrong for a print sticker, and the print on the back of the jar is wrong as well - the "e" is the clue!!!

But like I said authentic batch code numbers can and are still printed on base stickers, just make sure if its printed its under the name, and make sure there are no other counterfeit hallmarks
winks.gif
Stamped codes can be under OR above colour names
smiles.gif