Spring Fling (Yah, I wish)

alysia56

I am in desperate need of some new eye colors. I have this big, huge monster thing of about 50 shadows, but they are Ulta brand and very much suck ass. Sorry for the bluntness.
smiles.gif

As far as MAC goes, I have very little. Here goes:

Haunted (LE)
Waft
Gentle Fume
Rondelle
Carbon
(Yes, I bought Gentle Fume Eyes).
Steamy
Club
Trax
Star Violet

I would like to go greens and yellows, maybe a nice pink (Star Violet is supposed to be pink, but doesn't come across that way on me so much. More like....semi-transparent red...which isn't pink (to me, because I'm crazy). I don't know. I just want some COLOR! And I figure...what better time to go for it than spring, right?

I'd like to get four and just pick up another pallette. Oh, more than likely, Ricepaper will end up being one of them, as I need a good highlight color.

Also, here are my stats: Currently NC35 (I've darkened a bit for the summer), blue-green eyes, medium brown hair, usually wear Style or Peachykeen blush, though I've been known to mix it up with some Pink Swoon. Coral/peach/pinkish lipstick/gloss for the most part. My pics are at MySpace.com - Alysia - 26 - Female - PHOENIX, ARIZONA - www.myspace.com/alysiaferguson but keep in mind my hair is no longer quite so blonde.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate walking into there without a single clue of what I'm going for. Thank you all so much.

-Alysia

purrtykitty

Swish e/s is a really nice pink, albeit a frosty one. Are you open at all to pigments? Golden Lemon is a really pretty yellow color. As for greens, Golden Olive is really pretty, too. Since you also wear corally and peachy colors, then Melon pigment might appeal to you as well. If you want shadows, then I would suggest Humid or Juxt - they're both gorgeous. The only yellow shadow I know of is Chrome Yellow (unless you order from MAC Pro, then there's a ton more stuff). Personally, I like to try stuff on and play before I buy, so you should totally go play at the store - I've been to the one in the Fashion Square Mall and I really liked it.

alysia56

Thanks purrtykitty. I actually go back and forth between the Nordy's and the MAC in Fashion Square, depending on where I'm coming from. I'm not OPPOSED to pigments, I just don't trust myself with them. Do they work ANYTHING at all like BareEscentuals shadows? If so...I think I could handle them. I'm always afraid of the unknown, though.
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysia56
Thanks purrtykitty. I actually go back and forth between the Nordy's and the MAC in Fashion Square, depending on where I'm coming from. I'm not OPPOSED to pigments, I just don't trust myself with them. Do they work ANYTHING at all like BareEscentuals shadows? If so...I think I could handle them. I'm always afraid of the unknown, though.
smiles.gif

Yeah, the pigments are a lot like the BareEscentuals shadows (which I also have a bunch of), but I love the pigments so much more (probably only because they're MAC, I'm crazy like that
tong.gif
). If you get pigments, I suggest putting them in little containers, like sample containers. I'm always afraid I'm going to drop a whole jar, lol - that would be a huge mess!