Star Academy in Lebanon

Esperanza

Hi everybody,

I just saw in a french show a report on the lebanese Star Academy, and I wish to share it with you. I must admit that I was deeply shocked: a guy, who was a pianist and a singer as well, have seen his father murdered by the fundamentalists because his son was a musician... and another girl, an Iraqi (who has won the last Star Academy) told the journalist that she receives every day tons of death threats because of a song she sang for the show, dressed in a long white dress and because she was "too sensual"... Come on, what is wrong in this world??? She is forced to have 2 or 3 bodyguards now she has won the show!! It's horrifying. There's definitely something that has to be done with those (funda)mentalists.

Have you guys heard about that?

saniyairshad

Where I come from, women are not allowed to participate in beauty pageants because of the swimsuit part of it. I think you can wear a swimsuit with a cover-up and look very tasteful, but no. It's sad, as u said, people want to force their views on others. Thanks for sharing this info with us
smiles.gif

pink_candy

I think thats an OVER-estimate of the whole thing.
I am an arab, & things are not like that, not at all!