Star Violet/Shale/Moth Brown FOTD

moonrevel

I decided to use some of my neglected colors today (they always look so sad when I pass over them everyday, hehe). Comments and suggestions always welcome!

I had a hard time getting good pictures today (not enough coffee yet), but here's the eye close-up:

purp1.jpg

And here's the full face...I can't get a normal looking picture of my face for the life of me without doing some pose!
purp2.jpg

Here's what I used, all MAC unless otherwise specified:

Face:
Bare Minerals Foundation in Light and Fairly Light (which I dropped and ended up with a lap full of it, ugh), Mineral Veil, and Glee
Breath of Plum Blush

Eyes:
Untitled Paint and Macroviolet Fluidline as base
Star Violet on lid
Moth Brown in crease
Shale to blend crease
Seedy Pearl on browbone
Macroviolet and Star Violet to line lower lashes
Carbon on brows
Lancome L'Extreme Mascara in Black

Lips:
Urban Decay Shot-o-Gloss in Cosmopolitan

pumpkincat210

so pretty! I may have to get Shale again since mine broke in the sink, a real pity since it worked so well on me. I love your combinations!

funKyVibeS*

wowww...the eyes are extremly striking and the lips are beautifull.....maybe use a lighter blush next time?
winks.gif

Blanche

Hi,

your eye make-up looks great. Moth brown is also a colour, which I hardly use but you encourages me trying to use it again in the eyelid-folded area. I will also try a violet colour on the lid.

Regards, Blanche

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by funKyVibeS*
wowww...the eyes are extremly striking and the lips are beautifull.....maybe use a lighter blush next time?
winks.gif

Hahah, I only noticed how red I looked when I took the pictures, but I think it's more of a result of my having been hot and on my second cup of coffee of the day, because by the time I looked at myself again I was white as a ghost.

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
so pretty! I may have to get Shale again since mine broke in the sink, a real pity since it worked so well on me. I love your combinations!

I haven't touched Shale in literally years, and it's right next to Star Violet in my palette, and they look so cute sitting there together, I thought I'd try it out.

Thank you!
smiles.gif

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche
your eye make-up looks great. Moth brown is also a colour, which I hardly use but you encourages me trying to use it again in the eyelid-folded area. I will also try a violet colour on the lid.

Thank you! I have hardly ever used Moth Brown, because it's so pretty but I seem to always blank on what to do with it. I sort of took a chance with the purples (inspired by the Madame B looks) and it worked!

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
reminds me of the drew lancome ad

Haha, I just watched Ever After twice this week. I love Drew.
smiles.gif

Latest posts