Starting a makeup collection - Art Deco discussion

Nadeshda

Hey everyone
smiles.gif

I just got interested in makeup recently, like 6 months ago. Today, I went to an ArtDeco counter (for those of you unfamiliar with ArtDeco, it is an affordable german makeup brand, and, quality-wise, similar to MAC) and I was completely overwhelmed! I wanted to buy a few eyeshadows, but there were so many colors to choose from I was completely lost. As I don't really wear eyeshadow, I didn't want to buy something bold, so I chickened out and pretty much just swatched the good ol' pinks and browns. I swatched pretty much every brown and pink in sight I had to clean the back of my hand at least twice
blush-anim-cl.gif
I was so confused about what to pick I actually swatched some of the colors two or three times
blush-anim-cl.gif
I ended up only getting an highlighter and a chocolaty brown.

How about the rest of you? Did you feel as lost and overwhelmed as I did? And anyone got any pointers so I don't get as confused next time? :p

Ikara

Re: Starting a makeup collection

Hi! I'll tell you what helped me when I started picking eyeshadows for my collection. First I think the first step is to be made at home... I first did a research on brands, which appealed me the most and which had best reviews (and prices), sephora really helped me at this stage (and specktra of course). Then I decided to start with neutrals as it's basic at any collection, I picked as example the pallets from Pop beauty made for each eye color.
Think of the looks you would like to do and you are going to really wear.

I have an ArtDeco eyeshadow, and although I love their eyeshadow base I don't think eyeshadows really worth it, I mean they are fine, but they are so small and easy to break...

Hope this helps.

user79

I have checked out the ArtDeco stuff several times but never bought anything. Price wise they are in the upper price category for drugstore makeup here in Switzerland, and I don't think the lasting quality and pigmentation intensity of the eyeshadows is comparable to MAC. I would rather spend a few bucks more and just get a MAC eyeshadow, but that's just me.

I have heard great things about their eyeshadow base but it's a very small pot and the price is quite high, so again, I didn't buy.

Ikara

Mine is not in a pot, it's in a kinda pen like stila's lip glazes, I have the oiliest lids and so far I think it worths, but anyhow... I have so much more bases to try
yes.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I have heard great things about their eyeshadow base but it's a very small pot and the price is quite high, so again, I didn't buy.

I have to say I disaggree with the size of the pot and price tag that comes with it. Yes, the package itself is small, but its also very deep which accommodates a very nice amount of product. I think I paid less than 10 euros for mine and it is well worth it. A little goes a long way and it has a bonus of a lovely scent.

I haven't tried the e/s; they just don't appeal to me.

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikara
Mine is not in a pot, it's in a kinda pen like stila's lip glazes, I have the oiliest lids and so far I think it worths, but anyhow... I have so much more bases to try
yes.gif

Oooh I have never seen that one! I wanna try.
thmbup.gif