Starting Bridal Makeup..Please tell me the must haves to start with a small budget.

sonia23577

I am fairly new to the line of Wedding makeup. I have started, wish me luck. :) I don't have much of a budget. I need to know what are must haves to start. A good eyeshadow kit with everything that need. Excellent mascara, eyeliner, fake lashes, best contouring powder, loose powder, blush and primers. Especially where foundation is concerned. I keep hearing MUFE and that sounds great except that they are almost $50 a bottle. How many will I get to cater to ppl? I am nervous and confused. Any advice would be much appreciated.

shellygrrl

Staff member
For foundation, I say go with a cream foundation kit. You will have many shades available to you at once, and cream foundations can be sheered out for less coverage. Check out brands like Ben Nye or Graftobian (both available from Camera Ready Cosmetics). They can also work for highlighting (go a couple shades lighter) and contouring (a couple of shades darker). Eyeshadows... You could go with something like the UD Naked palettes, or the 28 or 88 neutral palettes (if you go this route, buy them on eBay; they're often available with free shipping), but the larger UD Naked palettes don't have very many matte eyeshadows available, nor do the 28 and 88 neutral ones, to my knowledge. I've heard/read good things about the LORAC Pro palette, and it has a mix of finishes. Quite a few good bridal makeup colours in there, too. Mascara... You'll want waterproof ones for sure. Unfortunately, I don't know of any good ones. :( False Lashes... Ardell has many styles, as does Red Cherry. For glue, Duo is pretty much standard. Primers... For face, Laura Mercier has several to choose from to suit various skintypes. Alternatively, you could use a moisturizer as primer (e.g., Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre, or something like CeraVe). For eyes, something like UDPP or TFSI. (That said, the LORAC Pro palette does come with an eyeshadow primer; you could use that as well.) Blush... Colour-wise, definitely pinks (cool and warm), peaches, and corals. Eyeliner... There are loads of good gel liners out there (e.g., Maybelline, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, MAC). Hope this helps some!

sonia23577

Thanx a mil. I did end up buying foundation from (Camera Ready Cosmetics). but I got RCMA after reading a lot of good reviews saying it appears best on camera. I also got the Ben Nye Special Color Wheel for concealer. I pretty much have some of the other stuff you recommended. I gotta get my hands on that UD Naked palettes you mentioned. Thanx a mil for the advice.