Stash Box

Ada

Has anyone bought this yet? Opinions?

I'm thinking about getting it for my little sister as a Christmas present, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the MAC store anytime soon. I was going to order it online, but I want to know what those of you who have seen it in person think. Does it have the same brushes as the Stashettes? Is it cute? How big is it? Any information you can give me would be super helpful (the picture on the site is so tiny!) TIA!

polobear45

Its cute .I bought it because I didnt like the bag . The box is teal snake print and the brushes are the same as the Teal set . I like having a hard cover to put smaller things in and be protected . The box is as thick as a VHS tape but not as long(sorry no pics ) this will kind of give you and idea.
Hope that helps a bit

Demosthenes

I honestly don't really like the box. I got it because my DH didn't want to get me two brush bags, but in hindsight, I would swap or return it (but I don't do returns, sadly). The stash box is heavy and short. It doesn't really fit makeup or brushes outside of the SE set.

arewethereyeti

I've seen both the box and bags in person, and it took me a while to decide, but I ended up getting the bag. The box was adorable, and I'd love to get my hands on one (sans brushes), but the bag is so pretty, and I like that it has the zipper compartment and I can fit all my Tailormade short handled brushes in there, too!
winks.gif

The box has an embossed MAC logo on top the top of the box is flat but the bottom edges are more rounded, if that makes any sense. The inside is just black, nothing to hold the brushes in place, but if your sister isn't going to be running around with them, that shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps a little!

littlemissmagic

I got it because I didn't care for the bag. It doesn't fit anything BUT the SE brushes, which to me, is not a problem, because I only intend to use it to store my SE brushes. It closes by magnet, and it's actually a VERY strong magnet! It was so hard for me to open at first, but I love it, because now I can be confident that carrying this around in my big bag won't cause it to open randomly and spill out all my brushes!

polobear45

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissmagic
I got it because I didn't care for the bag. It doesn't fit anything BUT the SE brushes, which to me, is not a problem, because I only intend to use it to store my SE brushes. It closes by magnet, and it's actually a VERY strong magnet! It was so hard for me to open at first, but I love it, because now I can be confident that carrying this around in my big bag won't cause it to open randomly and spill out all my brushes!

Yes the Magnet is strong ,same thing happened to me . I got it for the same reason ,to hold my SE brushes

glassjaw326

I bought it too cause the bags did not appeal to me as much and i love it. i love the strong magnet. i just wish the box came in other colors also! like purple or green! haha