Staying awake!

NutMeg

I'm making coffee, and am about to pack a lunch and make some popcorn for a snack because I'm doing a night shift at the Crisis Centre tonight. Basically there are regular distress lines for my city, and we also answer calls on a province wide suicide hotline. One of my buddies from my training group is going to be there with me tonight from midnight to six, and then I'm heading over to my bf's house to have breakfast with him before he goes to work.

Sometimes I can't believe that not only do I do this without pay, but so do tons of other volunteers to make sure that the Crisis Centre here offers 24/7 service to those in crisis. It's a pretty cool feeling, but I am going to be so wiped out in eight hours.

TISH1124

i used to work the graveyard shift at my old job many many years ago...and I would get a little tired during the early morning hours and I would always say as soon as I get home I am going to crash....I worked 10pm to 6am...at 6am I would be wide awake until about Noon....so I always went to the gym right after work to kill time because I could never come home and go right to sleep.

You're doing a great thing!!!

L1LMAMAJ

wow how do u do it? i used to work 4 hours at express and i almost died because of the standing up. i have flat feet so i can't be on my feet for a long time or it'll start hurting. for my career, it better let me sit down.
greengrin.gif

kaliraksha

That's so wonderful that you're doing that. My 76 yr old sociology professor does like 10-12 hour shifts at the crisis hotline and he's so passionate about it that I honestly think it keeps him sane, happy and he keeps having a reason to live- he helps people every day.

Thank you for doing this.

Lizzie

It's great that you're doing this!
I'm staying up to finish a take home midterm so I'll be hyper-caffeinated with you in spirit!
Good luck staying awake
smiles.gif

Latest posts