Stila Illuminating Foundation

Sushi_Flower

Ok..erm..i'm completely ignorant about this foundation. Have only ever used Mac but i'm sure i've read good things abotu this.
Can people give me information about it and also i'm a light brown skinned Indian with NC43 skin, is Stila good with realistic colours for all?

Kk

I've gone through 2 bottles of this foundation. I love it for the winter months. Now that it is summer and hot outside... it has been a bit too oily looking for me so I changed to Shiseido Powdery foundation and it's wonderful so far(no shimmer though.) Stila's illuminating foundation didn't break me out or anything and I have very sensitive skin. I am not sure about the colors though.. sorry.

xtracute

I purchased this foundation a while back based on the recommendation of a good friend.
It is now one of my fave foundations.
All the colors are yellow based-no pinks at all.
I love the illuminating quality and how it just makes your skin glow. It looks especially nice when used with the IPF over it.
Coverage is light to medium.
One of my fave foundations and I am a foundation fiend!

Sushi_Flower

How much comes in one bottle and would i as a NC43 in Studio Tech be able to find my shade? The shade selection seems very limited compared to Mac.
Would it work well with Mac sheer loose powder on top?

Janice

I love, love, love, LOVE both of Stila illuminating foundations. I use the IPF, and my sister Jessica uses both IPF and the liquid foundation.

Do you have a Stila counter in your area? I would go in to see if you can be matched it's so hard to give a good recc over the 'net. Their shade range isn't as extensive as MAC's but they do have a wide variety and when I freelanced for them I never had a problem finding a match for someone.

You could use any powder over the top, but the cool thing about this particular foundation is the slight shimmery illumination it lends to your skin so you don't want to use a heavy powder on top b/c it might dull that. MAC sheer should be fine, as well as any translucent.

glamella

I love Stila ILF! I use it alone or mixed w/ Bonne Bell gel bronzer. It's gives such a pretty finish. I don't use during the summer becaus eit would probably be too slick,but I don't use any foundation at all during summer.

If you are oily, I'd recommend the powder version. Liquid for normal or dry.

Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I love, love, love, LOVE both of Stila illuminating foundations. I use the IPF, and my sister Jessica uses both IPF and the liquid foundation.

Do you have a Stila counter in your area? I would go in to see if you can be matched it's so hard to give a good recc over the 'net. Their shade range isn't as extensive as MAC's but they do have a wide variety and when I freelanced for them I never had a problem finding a match for someone.

You could use any powder over the top, but the cool thing about this particular foundation is the slight shimmery illumination it lends to your skin so you don't want to use a heavy powder on top b/c it might dull that. MAC sheer should be fine, as well as any translucent.

Totally agree with Janice, she took the words right out of my mouth. I <3 Stila Illuminating Foundation. You'll absolutely love it!!! It's very fresh looking and makes your skin glow.

Sushi_Flower

Sounds really good.. I've always used Studio Tech, wonder if i'd adapt to using this well. Especially as i stopped using liquid foundation over a year ago. I don't like mess and inconvinience of liquid.