Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation

Rebeckki

I was recommended this by someone. Is it any good? I have quite Dry & Sensitive skin. Does it also have yellow undertones as I'm Chinese.

I've used the Clinique Powder Foundation before and that dried out my skin. You could see the powder particles sitting on my nose. I'm currently using the Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation Powder which is brilliant but a bit too pricey.

I don't like foundation as that's too heavy for my skin and makes me look like a wax doll. Tinted moisturiser can also look too strong sometimes. I like Foundation Powder as it's like powder so offers very light coverage but slightly thicker as it has denser colour pigments.

Janice

I really like this foundation, and the versatility of it. You can use it with the sponge dry for a beautiful light coverage foundation, or dampen the sponge and it applies with more coverage. The finish is really light and luminous, I like finishing off with a light spritz of MAC's Fix +.

martygreene

Stila's foundations tend to have yellow bases to them, particularly the powder foundations. If there is a store that carries stila in your area, I suggest going there and trying this out. It's really a very flattering foundation and as Janice said it's very versatile. I have used the liquid form of this for a long time, but it was a bit heavier coverage than I wanted and always had to thin it out with moisturizer. Now I can use this powder foundation in so many ways- I use it by itself with a puff or sponge for a light powder coverage, I can use it wet for a more luminious heavier coverage, or I can use it with a powder brush to set a liquid foundation with a slightly more luminous powder than your average setting powder.

Becki

The IPF is my HG Powder foundation, I like it because it has a slight shimmer finish and it is not heavy.

The product isnt bad, if you're interested in a noticable shimmer you might want to look elsewhere, however I found it to be perfect for every day touch ups. However, one complaint is that the powder pan itself often fell out of the compact, it was too small, and eventually mine crumbled and broke.