Stila lip glaze - how does the tube work?!?

lizsybarite

Man, does this ever feel like a stupid question... but I received a few Stila lip glaze minis in a swap, and I cannot figure out how to get the gloss down into the brush so I can use it! (Admittedly, I haven't tried that hard because I don't want to break the tube mechanism.) Twisting the bottom just makes a clicking sound - it moved freely, but nothing happens. And pushing up with my thumb (like with a pen) doesn't work, either. So weird! Uh... a little help?
blush-anim-cl.gif

Fairybelle

You're activating the "pen" correctly--just keep on turning the base until you get color into the brush bristles. Takes a while to get the gloss going. Don't worry, it won't break if you keep turning it. Future applications should only take a couple of turns. HTH!!

lizsybarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
You're activating the "pen" correctly--just keep on turning the base until you get color into the brush bristles. Takes a while to get the gloss going. Don't worry, it won't break if you keep turning it. Future applications should only take a couple of turns. HTH!!

LOL I feel like such a dolt. OK, I'll keep turning 'em - thanks so much!!!!
cheerleader.gif

kerrybabyxx

The same thing happened to me when I tried to get a tube of stila lipgloss started.I had to look for help,and here I am.Thanks fairybelle and liz for getting this info out there....My lipgloss now is working,the way it should...

cr8zy4MAC

Yes, it does take a whole lot of clicks before anything comes to the tip of the pen. It seems to take forever. Even after you get them going, some still take quite a bit of clicking before it arrives at the tip of the pen.

It's not a stupid question at all. I work at a Sephora, so I see it all the time!

futurestrength

mine always takes a while, so I click it once when I'm done doing my makeup and then for the next day when I'm getting ready/next time when I'm reapplying, it's ready to go