Stila Makeup Player

hickle

I'm constantly getting emails from stila about their $60 makeup player. It looks like the most worthless piece of garbage out there! For the longest time, I didn't even understand what it is or what it does. It's basically a train case with a hook up for your ipod/iphone, so you can download videos from stilacosmetics.com and then play them on your train case. It's seems useless to me since I have a laptop, and I can bring my make up mirror to my laptop or computer whenever I want, and don't have to spend $60 on a large piece of garbage.

I also think all the videos on stilacosmetics.com suck. I'm really hating on stila lately! I like their illuminating foundation, and their talking eyeshadow palettes, but I find that their entire line is completely unremarkable for the most part.

/rant

Twinkle_Twinkle

I agree, the player/train case seem very worthless and I am tired of getting emails about it. And another thing, while I really love Stila products, I've never been too impressed with the makeup looks done by their artists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickle
I'm constantly getting emails from stila about their $60 makeup player. It looks like the most worthless piece of garbage out there! For the longest time, I didn't even understand what it is or what it does. It's basically a train case with a hook up for your ipod/iphone, so you can download videos from stilacosmetics.com and then play them on your train case. It's seems useless to me since I have a laptop, and I can bring my make up mirror to my laptop or computer whenever I want, and don't have to spend $60 on a large piece of garbage.

I also think all the videos on stilacosmetics.com suck. I'm really hating on stila lately! I like their illuminating foundation, and their talking eyeshadow palettes, but I find that their entire line is completely unremarkable for the most part.

/rant

Snarkling

Do you think its worth it just for the products that come with it/using the train case just for storage?

i don't have many stila products just some lip glazes and the convertible color in peony so i was thinking about buying as sort of an introductory thing. Plus My old train case is almost full.

hickle

Personally, I don't think so. There's nothing about the set that makes it special. You can get convertible color compacts and lipglazes in different gift sets anyway.

Snarkling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickle
Personally, I don't think so. There's nothing about the set that makes it special. You can get convertible color compacts and lipglazes in different gift sets anyway.

Thanks for the advice, I will steer clear then and keep a look out for other gifts sets. I have noticed they've had a lot of good specials and discounts lately. I got the set of Barbie smudge pots I was lemming last week for $20.

Leigh-Cheri

Stila used to be all the rave years ago! I wish they'd quit with all this gimmicky junk like talking palettes. :S

afulton

I just brought this for $34.99 at Tuesday Morning. It's cute for quick travel and makeup storage. Personally, I would not have paid $60 but I think it's worth it for $35.