Stila Shadow vs. Mac Paint Pots?? How Do They Compare??

EyeshadowJunkie

Just looking for opinions. I am interested in trying some Stila Shadow Pots as eyeshadow bases, and just wanted to know your thoughts on the topic. Thanks ya'll!

iheartcolor

I have a few of both kinds: Stila and MAC. The consistencies are different. I find the stila ones are more mousse-y and can crease if over-applied. The MAC ones are a bit drier and wear amazingly well. I even sometimes can't get them all off at night without a good remover!

-Lauren

p.s. the MAc ones a cheaper and you get more product
winks.gif

Reenie

I don't think these can even be considered similar products. IMO the stila Shadow Pots are creamier and lighter, whereas the MAC Paint Pots are thicker and a bit heavier. I find the Paint Pots are more useful as an eyeshadow base, rather than actual shadow color. The Paint Pots do have better staying power, but the Shadow Pots are a much broader color selection, or at least there was before stila discontinued 98% of them. Hehe.

I don't think the stila Shadow Pots are good as bases. They're fantastic as shadows and as a secondary base. I find it's necessary to use something beneath them otherwise they crease a bit.

I know I'm late, but I hope that helps.
winks.gif

bbyxkt

mac paint pots hold the shadows a lot better and longer than the smudgepots. the smudgepots creases a LOT when you use it on it's own

AppleDiva

I like the stila shadow pots. I have 2 and I use each one as a base with MAC's matte gel. They work fine for me.

AlysonWithaY

I have pretty oily eyelids and I get a few hours wear out of the stila shadow pots w/o creasing. They last all day if I use UDPP underneath though.

Karen_B

I have Stila shadow pot in Honey, and while I love the colour, I find it creases like mad on me. I haven't tried it over UDPP yet though - that might work.
MACs paint pots on the other hand never crease on me. I have oily lids.