still looking for the perfect red.

rosquared

any recs? i'm a c4/c40 and i have small-ish lips. they're not THIN really.. just.. small? lol. i don't normally like drawing too much attention to them cuz they're kinda weird, but i really want to try a red lip but so far all the ones i've tried don't look so hot on me.
ssad.gif

Dark_Phoenix

Have you tried using a see-through red gloss or a MAC lipstick with a glaze finish?

I find they're way more forgiving than matte red lipsticks are.

The Clinique Almost Lipsticks are nice because they aren't as heavy on color impact as lipsticks are. Melted Ruby is my fave shade of red from the Almosts.

me_jelly

My skintone is a tiny bit darker than yours but it looks like we have the similiar undertones/features

The best sheer red from MAC is lady bug - it's very forgiving, sheer/glossy and smmoth and gives you soft day red lips

The best red (without too much blue or pink undertones) is Dior Celebrity red - this is my HG brighter red lipstick (this is not sheer though).

My HG darker/deeper rich red is MAC dubonnet - great burgundy red

ptamelissa

I know this might not be really on topic, but i think I will always hold a soft spot for "Love that Red" by Revlon

saspearia

I must also endorse the Celebrity red by Dior, its amazing but it does stand out. I was told that its the same shade used in The devil wears Prada

Sam

Latest posts