Still Searching for my HG foundation....

pumpkincat210

i'm about an NC25 and can find nothing.
Someone mentioned in a fotd i posted that i should try a lighter foundation. I was using Cover Girl's Aquasmooth, because it stayed on well and didn't break me out. I'd compare it to mac's studio tech foundation.
Well, after trying out Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Powder I need the heavier base to cover up the spots :/ I've had bad luck with Clinique, Bare Minerals, Loreal true match, Revlon Colorstay and all of Mac's foundations and powders. I feel like I'm running out of options on light makeup and am going to have to go back cover girl, but i like the sheerness of powders too. I've tried cg's powder and it broke me out as well! Some ingredient in every powder i've tried hates my skin. I would love a couple of recommendations both high end and on the cheap end. I also noticed bismuth in bare minerals but not in physician's formula, so i guess it's not that...

CosmePro

I have recently went back to using Estee Lauder double wear. It was always pretty heavy which I didn't mind, but it gave me the most perfect canvas and stayed, I mean stayed alllllll day. I've been applying ti with the 109 and I love it again! LOVE LOVE LOVE with the 109.

Maybe you could try the double wear light? It has all the staying power with a lighter coverage.

Good Luck, foundation and mascara have been the bain of my existence for years
smiles.gif

Girl about town

Have you tried MUFE hd foundation? i used to use studio fix but prefer this it has a gorgeous texture, NC25 wasjust a bit to dark for me so i got the HD foundation in 120 and its perfect i love it!!! i need good coverage but don't like a caked face. Another great foundation in Diorskin forever foundation !!!

Kalico

I use EDM. My skin is very sensitive too and this is the only stuff that doesn't break me out, and I find it very easy to match to my skintone. I'm NW20 in MAC. It's also very cheap, so I have bought many different colors (and consistencies, from matte to glowy) for when I'm darker in the summer.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Make Up For Ever HD without a doubt.

Its the only foundation I will use on myself, or my clients.

i've heard alot about this but, it just sounds heavy because it's used for high definition photos and film? Am i totally wrong?
I have had the urge to try it out and if it looks good in pictures then yay!!
You only use this on your clients, it must be good!

blindpassion

It can be built from medium to full coverage
smiles.gif

If you were using a foundation similar to MAC studio tech, the coverage of this won't be much different - studio tech is quite a thick formula.

It really is amazing, I can't say enough about it. I do everyday type of makeup appointments, and then lots of photoshoots, and its perfect for each! If you want it even lighter, you could always sheer it down with a mixing medium
smiles.gif
like MAC face and body mixing medium.

Please do at least get a sample
smiles.gif
it works so well for me~

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
i've heard alot about this but, it just sounds heavy because it's used for high definition photos and film? Am i totally wrong?

it's the opposite actually. for HD you want the lightest makeup possible because those cameras pick up every little detail. that is why most tv shows/movies are using airbrush makeup a lot more. It actually feels very light on my skin.

pumpkincat210

cool! sounds like what i'm looking for. i didn't know it was so light, i thought it would be super heavy. I'm also interested in an airbrushing kit/machine. For personal fun use, what are some good brands? Price doesn't matter since i probably am going to wait a few months anyways.

coquetayloca

I got a sample of the MUFE HD stuff and I literally feel like I'm not wearing anything. Give it like 10 minutes to set and its great! I feel like the coverage is not as heavy as I would like it to be but I know I can just try to build it up. I haven't had much time to play aroung with it and the sample I got is a bit too light, so I have to go get another!

leenybeeny

MUFE HD is amazing!!! I like fairly light coverage and it's great for that while still giving a really even look and is good at covering.

alka1

Quote:
sephora sells it right?

yep
yes.gif
sephora exclusive I believe

Girl about town

Quote:

its a really buildable coverage , its probably medium coverage but appears very light on the skin!!! you can layer it up in areas you want more coverage, im wearing it in my profile pic, im hooked on it now and have tried virtually all foundations and have problem skin!!!

MrsMay

I alternate between both MUFE HD Foundation and MUFE Velvet Mat + depending on what kind of finish and coverage I want.

MUFE Velvet Mat + is a heaver matte coverage compared to HD which is a bit lighter, not as heavy coverage and gives an airbrushed effect.

Latest posts