Stolen!!....help!!

beautenoir

So, here's the situation...I ordered a package from a lovely girl here on Specktra who was helpful enough to give me a tracking number for the package...on the tracking it says that I have "successfully recieved" the package(which I have not)...so I left a note for my mailman asking if he remembered the package since the post office was saying that maybe it got sent to the wrong address...because of the holiday the postman won't get that note until sometime tommorrow(or today since it's after midnight....tuesday anyway)...one of my neighbors saw the note and came knocking on my door saying that she remembers the package sitting on the floor outside my apartment door which can only mean that it was stolen!...

there is insurance on the package, if it was stolen and not lost can I still claim the insurance?
isn't the postman supposed to leave me a slip to go and pick it up at the post office if it is too big to fit in my box and i am not home?...
has this ever happened to anyone else?...
what did you do about it?...
HELP!

beautenoir

also...should I let this experience jade me from buying anymore stuff online after the next few orders I have made?

koolmnbv

No I do not think this should jade you, but you should def. request from now on that all packages be left at your front apt. office or to get picked up at the P.O also I don't see how insurance could not pay you esp. since it was left at your door. I'm not sure though maybe if the postman doesn't remember I don't see how they could not pay you insurance. I am also going thru the jaded feeling, as ive had 2 packages swaplifted from me in the past month or so. 1 is for sure swaplifted (over a stupid pigment sample unbelieveable, but she has swaplifted from many others as well) and the 2nd a MSF I am hopeful might still come through! But 1 bad experience cant ruin you on all the fun and beauty many other successful purchases and shipments will bring you!

beautenoir

thanks hon...I messaged the people who's orders will be being shipped out tommorow with the address to my place of work where I am basically all day everyday so i hope that helps, I have orders though that I have been expecting for last week so hopefully they are still coming and the note I left for my mailman will hopefully prevent them from being left on my door...if the ones shipped to my work come through then i will probably get stuff shipped from there from now on.

koolmnbv

yeah I think that sounds good, prob whoever lives where you live has noticed you receiving packages there and has waited till they saw one unattended. It's really sad and kind of scary that someone will steal from your front doorstep, I mean that is a little out there! Ppl amaze me anymore!

alysia

ssad.gif
thats really shitty
ssad.gif
I hope you get the insurance back.

Jennifer Mcfly

I used to have that problem at my old apartment all the time. They (postmen) aren't supposed to just leave something outside your door but mine didn't care and did it all the time. I complained to the post office but they didn't do anything about it. So I just started having everything I order online sent to my work address. Besides, then I don't have to wait until I get home to get my item! I'm so impatient
lol.gif

Pink_lily

definitely see if there's any way that you can start having packages left at the front office of your apartment. if not, having packages delivered to work is a very good idea.

luckily something like that has never happened to me, but it's happened to a number of people i know. one eventually found out that it was her next door neighbor at the apartment building. she happened to be talking to him one day in the hallway when he had his door open, and she recognized the coffee table that she'd ordered and never received. apparently he'd been doing stuff like that for awhile.

at my apartments, the mailmen always leave packages by someone's door. in my building, we've all decided to be nice to our neighbors after numerous packages had been stolen, presumably by the unsupervised kids in the complex who have been known to break car windows, dent cars with tree branches, etc. so whenever we see a package left by someone's door, that person will take it into their apartment and leave a note on the owner's door that we have it. the UPS man has even taking to having me sign packages for just about everyone because i'm always here during the day!

Shawna

My hubby works for UPS and they are never ever allowed to leave parcels unattended in an apartment. They either have to leave it with a neighbor who signs for it or the manager (preferably) Canada post should give you your money back because the parcel should not have been left outside your apt. That sucks. I hope everything works out for you.

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_lily
definitely see if there's any way that you can start having packages left at the front office of your apartment. if not, having packages delivered to work is a very good idea.

luckily something like that has never happened to me, but it's happened to a number of people i know. one eventually found out that it was her next door neighbor at the apartment building. she happened to be talking to him one day in the hallway when he had his door open, and she recognized the coffee table that she'd ordered and never received. apparently he'd been doing stuff like that for awhile.

at my apartments, the mailmen always leave packages by someone's door. in my building, we've all decided to be nice to our neighbors after numerous packages had been stolen, presumably by the unsupervised kids in the complex who have been known to break car windows, dent cars with tree branches, etc. so whenever we see a package left by someone's door, that person will take it into their apartment and leave a note on the owner's door that we have it. the UPS man has even taking to having me sign packages for just about everyone because i'm always here during the day!

wow! did she say "hey thats my coffee table!" i would have been so angry!

Latest posts