Storage ideas for limited space...

Cupquake03

Wow, I have to say I am amazed after looking through some of the vanities & storage photos on this thread! You guys have wonderful ideas and organizational skills! I wish I had as much space as some of you, but unfortunately my space is limited. I have a makeup drawer plus a couple of plastic drawer units. (The small 3 drawer ones.) I have everything fairly well organized, though I am starting to run out of room. I have found some great organizing options at Target and Fred Meyer, so I thought I would share some quick (cell phone) photos of my makeup area.

These are my 2 drawer units. These are inside my closet where I had a little room. The smaller one on the left is from Fred Meyer, I believe it was $6.99. It is sitting on the end of the top shelf of a shoe organizer from Target. I love this one because it has 2 compartments and a flip up lid with storage on top. The top of mine has skin products like lotion, face primer and makeup fixing spray. The drawers of this are filled with mostly drugstore makeup brands like Wet n Wild, Milani, ELF and Jane. There are a few Benefit Show Offs and a couple samples from Sephora in there as well. There are a few random palettes that wont fit in my drawer and other items on either side of it. The slightly larger drawer unit on the right is inside the top cubby of a Closet Maid 3-cube shelf, both are from Target. I think this drawer unit was $10. The top drawer is all Bare Minerals eyeshadows. The middle is full of NYX single eyeshadows, trios and Pearl Mania pigments. The bottom drawer contains all my lipglosses. In the extra space on the left side of it are makeup bags and brush cleaner.

Here is a better shot of the smaller unit from Fred Meyer. You can see through the lid which flips up to access the storage. Like I said, I love this one, if you need something smaller this is a great pick.

Here is my brush organizer on top of my "vanity." The drawer I was referring to is actually the top drawer of my night stand. I have a mirror behind the night stand and a lighted makeup mirror on top of it. I have a little bench that I sit on to use it as my make shift vanity. This brush organizer is actually supposed to be a pen/office organizer. It has 3 compartments so I have my brushes organized by type. I found it at TJ Maxx for $6. I have lip and eye liners in a glass jar on the left of it and a few bottles of perfume on the right.

On to my drawer. The plastic 3 compartment organizers are all from Target. The one in the middle is shallow and is actually on top of the other two. It holds all my MAC. (So far... lol) The two beneath are deeper and hold a good amount of stuff. Mine have my face powders, bronzers, blushes, primers, eyeliners, concealers, eyeshadow bases and fake eyelashes. These organizers are awesome, I was so happy to find them. They are pretty inexpensive, I believe the deeper ones were around $9 and the shallow one was about $6. On the far left are my lipsticks, a MAC tin full of lip balms and my palettes. My lipsticks are in a plastic Christmas gift container of some sort, it looked like a take-out style box but I cut the top flaps off of it. Seems to work until I find something better...

Just for fun, here is my little MAC collection! And a much better view of the shallow 3 compartment organizer from above. I was a big Bare Minerals for a long time and still am a little, so I am a newbie to MAC. I love everything I have so far. I got most of it from the CCO by my house. I figured those mini pigment giftsets were a great way to try lots of different colors since I didn't have any at the time. I got a mini lipgloss set from CCO too, another great way to try some different products. Oh I have the Blue Noon eyeliner from Surf Baby as well, I forgot to put that in this photo. :)

Well, thanks for looking! I hope this helped in some way. If anyone is looking for some good storage options, especially if you are limited on space as I am, I highly recommend the 3 compartment organizers from Target and the small 3 drawer unit from Fred Meyer. It took me awhile to organize everything and find good storage options so hopefully I don't outgrow this set up too soon!

If you have any suggestions I am open to those as well! Happy organizing everyone!

Cupquake03

Thanks! I actually had some white drawers originally but I switched them out with the black. I just think the black looks nicer since all my furniture is darker. :)

Latest posts