Store account/profile?

BloopBloop

The other day the associate at the soho store asked for my name and email at the checkout counter, she said it was to keep a little profile of previous purchases. I told her i probably had one online and she said it didnt show.. i was never asked at the flatiron store or macys counters before, and i checked online and alot of the previous purchases ive made are missing.

are store and online purchases different even though i provided the same name/email address? and are there any other perks to providing them with your information?

Hi there
I also have an online account and when buying things in London's covent garden MAC I was asked for those details I said I already have an internet account she told me the internet and the shop accounts were different, I have no idea why!
I do doubt there are any perks involved
smiles.gif

JediFarfy

The store and online ones are seperate. If they get your mailing address, they send out mailings and postcards.
greengrin.gif

I bought my stuff before at Nordstrom, and their system has a name and addressing tracker, but not purchase tracker. MAC does, and they usually enter all your purchases as you go in there, so not sure why you were not asked before.
smiles.gif

JF

erine1881

freestanding stores keep a separate file than online. it automatically keeps a record when you purchase. online does this too, if it hasn't changed with the site upgrade.

counters don't keep track in their computers since they use the department stores computer system, but they will fill out a mac addict paper with all of your purchases and the date you bought them. that way if you forget a color they'll have it on file. the only downsides are that you have to ask them to write it down for you each time you buy (we don't do it automatically), and it takes a bit longer to find it sifting thru all the different files.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFarfy
The store and online ones are seperate. If they get your mailing address, they send out mailings and postcards.
greengrin.gif

I bought my stuff before at Nordstrom, and their system has a name and addressing tracker, but not purchase tracker. MAC does, and they usually enter all your purchases as you go in there, so not sure why you were not asked before.
smiles.gif

JF

Is it like that at ALL Nordstrom's?

Latest posts