straight talk...

hotti82

hey all; so here's a picture of me (i had to mess with the contrast so you can actually see my hair); it's natural. it's soft and i want to keep it that way. i'm trying for a straight, maybe even slightly wavy look (think mischa barton from "The O.C.") without chemical relaxing...i'm thinking blowdry/flatiron. any product suggestions? any help is MUCH appreciated! thanks all!

hair.jpg

so_siqqq

You'll have to blow dry your hair straight with a blow dry lotion or serum. I personally like Reken Heat Glide for this. Use a curling iron to curl your hair but leave the crown straight for a more polished look. Let the curls cool. When they finally cool add some hair serum to the palms of your hand adn finger comb. By doing this you will tame frizzies,add some shine, and loosen the curls for the natural wavy look. I like ARTec Shine and Frizz Repair but it has been discontinued I think but you can use Heat Glide for the same effect. Finish with a light hold hairspray so that the waves will hold.

When you blow dry your hair try using a barreled brush or paddle brush. AVOID metal bristles brushes.

Since your hair is curly blow drying will take a while. I wouldn't really flat iron because that would take some volume out and make the waves look limp once your curl it.

hotti82

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_siqqq
You'll have to blow dry your hair straight with a blow dry lotion or serum. I personally like Reken Heat Glide for this. Use a curling iron to curl your hair but leave the crown straight for a more polished look. Let the curls cool. When they finally cool add some hair serum to the palms of your hand adn finger comb. By doing this you will tame frizzies,add some shine, and loosen the curls for the natural wavy look. I like ARTec Shine and Frizz Repair but it has been discontinued I think but you can use Heat Glide for the same effect. Finish with a light hold hairspray so that the waves will hold.

When you blow dry your hair try using a barreled brush or paddle brush. AVOID metal bristles brushes.

Since your hair is curly blow drying will take a while. I wouldn't really flat iron because that would take some volume out and make the waves look limp once your curl it.

thank you SO much! i'll try this out!

kimmy

i'm not sure a straightening iron would even work for you because it looks like you have really dense little curls (which are adorable, btw!) so i'd go with what so_siqq said
winks.gif
good luck! and post pictures when you're done, i'd love to see it!

melissa

My hair is naturally wavy, but I do this E-V-E-R-Y day . Wash and condition your hair like normal, but use a deep conditioner to prep your hair for some intense heat styling. Spray a leave-in conditioner and comb to detangle, don't brush when it's wet because hair is vulnerable to breakage. Then use a curl relaxer with a heat protector mixed with shine/anti-frizz serum and work through. Once your hair is free of tangles, blow dry straight in sections with a paddle or round brush (avoid metal bristles). After your hair is dry, divide into sections and straighten with a ceramic flat iron. Finish with the shine/anti-frizz serum. If you plan to do this often, I recommend investing in a high end flat iron. Let me know if you would like some recommendations on styling products. HTH!
th_wiggle2.gif

hotti82

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa
My hair is naturally wavy, but I do this E-V-E-R-Y day . Wash and condition your hair like normal, but use a deep conditioner to prep your hair for some intense heat styling. Spray a leave-in conditioner and comb to detangle, don't brush when it's wet because hair is vulnerable to breakage. Then use a curl relaxer with a heat protector mixed with shine/anti-frizz serum and work through. Once your hair is free of tangles, blow dry straight in sections with a paddle or round brush (avoid metal bristles). After your hair is dry, divide into sections and straighten with a ceramic flat iron. Finish with the shine/anti-frizz serum. If you plan to do this often, I recommend investing in a high end flat iron. Let me know if you would like some recommendations on styling products. HTH!
th_wiggle2.gif

definately! i need to know what products are the best...let me know and i'll be forever in your debt! thanks!!

melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti82
definately! i need to know what products are the best...let me know and i'll be forever in your debt! thanks!!

Redken Color Extend shampoo and conditioner (daily)
Deeep by Bumble and Bumble (once a week)
Conditioning Spray by Enjoy
Straight by Bumble and Bumble or Relaxing Fluid by Davines mixed with Super Skinny Serum by Paul Mitchell
and... Daily Spray Wax by ISO for texture

HTH!! Be sure to post pictures after you straigten you hair
smiles.gif

hyperRealGurl

girlfriend of mine has hair texture and curls like urs and she uses a Chi Ceramic straighting iron, not sure what product she uses in her hair but her hair looks as straight as mines after she is done

likeomgsteffduh

youre makeup is too pretty.
I just wanted to say that..sorry i cant help you with your hair. but it sounds like all these girls know what theyre talking about<333

bellamia

You should first do a deep moisture treatment heat activated for about 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse treatment out with luke water. Then put sebastin potion No.9 then roller set it you may need to be under for 1hr or so (from time to time do a test with a roller to see if its dry) Then blow dry only the roots, that way you will get the straightness but with the body on the ends. Or after the roller set wrap your hair (hair dubie). That works really well without adding to much heat on the hair and scalp. If you need a touch up then pass the flat Iron through.