Strange Technical Issue

circusflavouredgum

I've been trying to answer a pm, and everytime I hit the submit button, the whole page freezes and I end up having to do a CTRL ALT DEL to close the window cos it's completely crashed.

I dont have this problem on any other site or forum. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I can post fine and open threads fine.

Thanks
wavey.gif

NutMeg

Same here. It's really annoying when you've written out a whole big thing and then you have to redo it.

circusflavouredgum

Thanks leppy!

I have been trying to answer this person's pm for a few days now, and I don't want them to think I'm ignoring them
ssad.gif

Janice

I'm hoping the forum upgrade will help with this issue. It's been a problem for a few months now. Sorry!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pei
I'm still experiencing this prob
ssad.gif

Can't PM as the whole explorer froze.

Hi Pei
wavey.gif

We have not yet found out what is causing the problems and we have not yet done the upgrades.

I would suggest using Firefox browser. I have noticed the main problems occur in IE.

HTH

Wattage

I second that, Nessa. I have been alternating between both PC and Mac and find I only have this problem when using IE on my PC. Everything runs smoothly on the Mac, in fact, I have never had it freeze up using that route.

kaliraksha

I only use firefox no wonder I never seen any problems.... although its annoying that sometimes I don't have something or other to view it so i have an attatchment downloaded called "IE view"

circusflavouredgum

I've also found that now that I have both Firefox and IE, my pm's work fine in Firefox.

I can sometimes post on the boards in IE, sometimes I have to use Firefox. I have no idea why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pei
Thanks for the rec.

Oh nessa, pls look into it soon!

LOL Pei I wish I could but it's not my area.
ssad.gif

Hopefully Leppy will have the problem fixed soon.
smiles.gif

Pei

Oh!
greengrin.gif

Sorry~

Anyway, i jus DLed firefox & it works great!
(Surf faster too! Am i'm imagining things?)

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pei
Oh!
greengrin.gif

Sorry~

Anyway, i jus DLed firefox & it works great!
(Surf faster too! Am i'm imagining things?)

Nope...firefox is faster! I love it! You can dowload themes too! Go to tools and click on Themes
greengrin.gif