Strange uses for MAC in day to day life

lindas1983

Weird little story here but I think it will make a few people laugh.

I was at the doctors office during the week and he was asking me the usual questions doctors ask when he asked me to describe a the colour of something ( you can use your imagination there lol) and before I had a chance to think about what I was saying I found myself telling him it was like amber lights without the sparkle, to which he gave me the strangest look. Luckily enough I had it with me in a hand made quad to show him. He seemed quite impressed and replied to me i think you've just justified my wifes large make up collection.

Well thats me little story, and I was just wondering if anyone else has found themselves bringing MAC into there day to day life like me?

concertina

HAHAHAHA!!! I love it!

Oh, my dirty little brain is working overtime trying to figure out the color of *WHAT* he was asking you to describe!!

winks.gif

erine1881

that's hilarious!

i always use color names to describe the color of anything i want people to imagine. i use it to describe the color of shoes, clothes, purses, you name it. of course, its almost always to my co-workers since they're the only ones around me that would know what color i'm talking about.
girlhaha.gif

adela88

my bf is an art student ;when he talks about his paintings he compares the colours to my shadows lol

talste

LOL, I used my palettes the other day to help decide on a colour scheme for my families lounge & dining rooms.

productjunkie

That was super funny and made my day.
smiles.gif

I find a lot of MAC girls I work with describe people and things as eyeshadow or foundation colors.
I find myself describing a shirt I bought "it's like trax". or "I saw this really hot guy... he was like a c6".
somehow we all get it and it's normal now.
smiles.gif

aziajs

Not quite but I see colors all the time and think, "I have an eyeshadow that color." It's kind of remarkable really. As much as I have complained about MAC's lack of color at times I find myself seeing familiar colors everywhere.

sinergy

that was such a cute story, lol. my husbands family had a paint and body shop for years so him and his brother grew up around the whole painting and finishing thing, so he will tell me, o hey that eyeshadow looks like so and so, or ill look at old pics of his that him or his bro painted, and im like omg, i want to try a color like that, hahaha. love it.

rbella

That's one of the most awesome stories I've ever heard!! That was friggin' hilarious!!!!!!!!

kaexbabey

hahah that's funny! mine isn't really about the colors but when i see numbers..like if we stay in a hotel that's room 219, i'll remember the brush! lol

DixieHellcat

Not exactly about the makeup itself but...I love to pack my lunch in a Japanese style bento box to take to work but I don't have any little containers for sauces & such. Last week I discovered that an empty MAC sample jar is perfect; and since it's made to store makeup it's food safe. :)

hellman

Hah I'm sitting in class and started cracking up in the middle of my professor's lecture on health care plans =)

I did that once. I was trying to describe a really cute hair colour I saw to my friend and was like "It's kind of a Brown Down colour..." and she was like "what's brown down?" oops.

Latest posts