Stress and issues.

joygasm

Lately I've been so irritable and I notice I've been lashing out at the people I really care about. I don't know why, I know its been a pretty stressful time for me and lately I feel I economically hit rock bottom.
But I don't feel like that's an excuse for how I've been acting :/
I have no idea whats making me so easily irritated :/
But I was wondering what are your solutions to dealing with similar situations?

k.a.t

Stress makes us all irritable so it's not your fault. I've been going through the same thing lately and like you I've been lashing out at the people I care for the most. I think maybe you should explain to people that you're just stressed and that's why you've been lashing out, i'm sure they'll understand. As for dealing with it why don't you try some relaxation techniques to help you de-stress? just take time out and do something you enjoy that calms you down, that can really help give you a break from constant stress. As for your personal economic situation I can't give advice on but I hope you sort it out.

sorry if that doesn't help much I'm struggling to deal with it too :/

LMD84

oh dear... to be honest i like many people are feeling stressed and snappy right because of various different things.

i am feeling stupidly stressed right now... i'm working 6 days a week, long hours, very hard work. team that with trying to move house in the new year and having no time to pack anything, lack of money and me and my hubby have had a few big arguments just to make things even funner
ssad.gif

however i try and think about the positive things in my life. when i am stressed and feel like i am going to snap i leave the room or place where i am stressed. chill out for 10 minutes and then come back and access the situation. this helps me and saves me blowing up at people.

joygasm

Thank you guys. It's good to know I'm not the only one doing this. I feel bad about it after the deed is done.

blazeno.8

Usually if I'm stressed I spend time alone to detox before having to deal with people again. When I do deal with them again, I take it in very small doses. I also have a wide variety of things that I'm interested in so finding a way to "express" (for lack of a better word) myself in different ways also helps, whether it be painting, drawing, translations, playing music, or just simply going on a walk and taking pictures of what I see along the way. I know it sounds kind of lame, but I'm really an introvert so I enjoy spending time alone doing things that don't need to be done with a group.

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
Usually if I'm stressed I spend time alone to detox before having to deal with people again. When I do deal with them again, I take it in very small doses. I also have a wide variety of things that I'm interested in so finding a way to "express" (for lack of a better word) myself in different ways also helps, whether it be painting, drawing, translations, playing music, or just simply going on a walk and taking pictures of what I see along the way. I know it sounds kind of lame, but I'm really an introvert so I enjoy spending time alone doing things that don't need to be done with a group.

I love taking walks, or just sitting outside to think, preferably in the cold
smiles.gif
I guess I'll do this and read to sort of get my mind of the situation.
smiles.gif

Almond_Eyed

There was a point in my life that I was really stressed out and depressed. I took drastic measures by restructuring and changing a lot of things in my life. I was stuck in a certain mindset that I couldn't change anything in my life because of responsibilities and obligations. It wasn't until I let myself relax, and taking a risk to do things differently that I was finally relieved of my stress.

Making changes aren't easy, like you say you're having financial difficulty, maybe there's a resource that you don't know about that could help you. If you have debt, maybe you can talk to your bank to consolidate it to one monthly payment or transfer it to a lower interest rate loan. Maybe you need to seek out new employment opportunities. Maybe you are having trouble doing things on your own and need help from others.

Making these kinds of changes aren't easy, but sometimes they are for the best. Don't feel guilty about giving yourself some time for rest and fun, we all need it! Hope things work out =)

Mabelle

oh, girl, i am feeling you on this one.
I'm in a theatre design program, and have been going nonstop since September, one production after another, building the shows, running the shows, designing the show, shopping for the show. Then work.
Until yesterday, i had two jobs (a cafe on sunday nights, and sephora every other day). I was at school or work 7 days a week (sometimes at both). It was so stressful. I was snapping constantly. Crying for no reason. Lifeless and exhausted. I'm graduating in the spring, and every 2 minutes i hear "so what are you doing next?". I always had a plan, but now it feels like its falling apart, so even getting asked that pisses me off. I just response i dont know and i dont want to talk about it. Which people tend to give a snippy reply to. Also, i organize x-mas at my house because my dad is too lazy to do anything, and my mom is too flighty and disorganized. So i decorate, i wrap everything, i make sure everyone has a gift. They're prepping for xmas at my house my with stupid horrible unbeareable family (they are loud, volitile, drunks) on the 26th, and my dad is going into hyper nagging mode.

On my birthday, i lost my fucking mind. It was over something as simple as forgetting to bring my jeans to my boyfriends house, so i had no pants to wear in the morning to school. I was crying, like hyperventilating crying. He was sleeping, not paying attention to me, and i told him he was "such a fucking asshole, thank you for successfully ruining my birthday". I spent the entire day in hysterics. I spent about a month wondering if i was developing a mood disorder, as i would often find myself sitting in a little nook, where no one would see me, on the verge of tears. I even contemplated ... well... you know... doing a horrible horrible thing. But i could never do that.

Anyway, im done school now, quit my job at a cafe, and only working at sephora (although its 6 days a week). So things are getting better, but i still have my mood swings. I mostly take it out on my bf, who i apologize to several times a day (i still feel bad about flipping on him on my bday).

My suggestion is just explain to people you're stressed and your sorry when you snap. If they think its frustrating imagine how you feel ya know? Find something that calms you down. For me, its taking baths with wonderful lush bathbombs.
you'll get through it. I'm getting there slowly. Who would have thought stress could mess you up so badly, huh?

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Anyway, im done school now, quit my job at a cafe, and only working at sephora (although its 6 days a week). So things are getting better, but i still have my mood swings. I mostly take it out on my bf, who i apologize to several times a day (i still feel bad about flipping on him on my bday).

I am with you there. :/ I feel so bad.
But I do try to explain, but he isn't really the understanding one. ha.
But thanks for the suggestion! I haven't had a hot bath in my tub for a long time
smiles.gif

MizzTropical

Me and my bf both do this to each other over the dumbest things lately. We tear each other apart. He is not understanding either. I can see that he's stressed, but he doesn't get that I'm stressed out too, probaly even more then he is. It's driving me nuts. Whenever I try to talk about making things better, he flips out on me and it just never ends. Working out alone with loud music on and bubble baths do help for a bit, but I really feel like we need a bigger change in our lives for the moodiness to actually go away. Money causes so many freaking problems, I know thats my issue too.

BEA2LS

i'm under unbearable amounts of stress for many reasons i dont wanna even get into
ssad.gif
i deal with it but barely

Latest posts