striving to be a hooters girl

sierrao

hey everyone!

Im 18 and i want to become a hooters girl, my parents are totally fine with it. Does anybody have any advice for me to get the job?

hhunt2

My neighbor was a Hooters girl!

1. Always smile.
2. Be cute.
3. Remember the rules; i.e: hair always being down, not too much makeup, etc. Make sure your leggings have NO runs. Or you'll be yelled at.
4. Act like the "girl next door".

Otherwise, during the overall interview, remember that sex/good looks sells.
graucho.gif
lol

hello_my_apple

my brother inlaw is a general manger at a hooters in jersey, and honestly all you have to do is just be a good server, always look your best and just be yourself.

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Check out their employee handbook...it may or may not change your mind The Smoking Gun: Archive
Personally, I think they sound waaaaaaaaaaaaay too anal retentive...but that's just me. GL

That handbook is crazy
shockt.gif

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
That handbook is crazy
shockt.gif

yes.gif
Mmmhmmm. Yup yup...lord knows if I tried to be one, they'd kick me out before I sat down to interview...

Tashona Helena

^ It's no worse than Abercrombie's handbook. I knew a girl who used to work with me at Hollister that became a Hooter's girl. She always looked awesome, very little makeup, and just had that confidence about her. Just walk in there like you own the place, a natural beauty, and I'm sure you'll be fine.
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
^ It's no worse than Abercrombie's handbook. I knew a girl who used to work with me at Hollister that became a Hooter's girl. She always looked awesome, very little makeup, and just had that confidence about her. Just walk in there like you own the place, a natural beauty, and I'm sure you'll be fine.
smiles.gif

Really? Wow...I guess I don't go in to these places ever, so I don't really get the crazy rulebook. ...although I suppose it's no different from the ridiculous Navy rules...but even so...hell, I'm in the military, they're supposed to tell me how to dress and wear my makeup! LOL Everyone's trying to sell an image, huh..?

spacegirl2007

and abercrombie's policies are why they're always getting their asses sued off by employees....
just saying.

sierrao

well today i went in and applied, it turned out great! i have a second interview tomorrow at 4, so wish me luck!
smiles.gif

miss sha

Wow, I just did a search for "abercrombie employees" and I have to say that I am completely and utterly disgusted. I'm so happy I've never set foot inside an Abercrombie and Fitch.

hhunt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegirl2007
and abercrombie's policies are why they're always getting their asses sued off by employees....
just saying.

I worked at Abercrombie and it wasn't bad. I had fun, made new friends and the managers always treated us to Starbucks or Jamba Juice.

The dress code was expected; wear only Abercrombie, or you would have to cover up or remove labels of non-A&F clothing (but they had to look like A&F's style). Makeup needed to be simple. I loved how they let us wear sandals everyday, lol. But the only thing that made me an odd ball was my tattoos and piercings. But our manager, he was cool as shiet and sooo cute, had tats on his inner arms (he always reminded us that tats are accepted but nothing offensive). And hair color must be of natural tone (no blue, pink, etc.).

But that was about 5 years ago. I don't know how things are done now. When I left (I only worked there for about 7 months), all the non-Caucasian employees oddly dissapeared (quit? fired? Who knows). I was informed that a new Caucasian manager would be taking over our store. All of a sudden, my hours were cut to nothing. I spoke with her about it and all she said was, "Well, I'm going to have to get to know you more before I can give your hours back!". WTF?? After she said that, I left A&F. 4 months passed, and I recieved papers regarding a Class Action Lawsuit. A few months pass, I get another notice and recently I got another notice. Crazy! Oh another thing, the person who referred me to work at A&F at the time was an employee (a good friend of mine too) who is black and openly gay! I bet he recieved a lot of money from the lawsuit. lol

Sorry about the long story and off topic of Hooters; I had to vent. lol

sierrao

well i went and done my second interview today, it lasted about 5 min but they told me that they are over staffed and will give me a call when they talk about it, so wish me luck!

jackie100

All jobs have rule books though. Even boring corporate type jobs have rule books. I remember working in a big company and they had rules like "no open toed shoes" etc... Some other jobs required women to wear pantyhose. Some had stipulations about excessive makeup and long hair for men etc.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
I worked at Abercrombie and it wasn't bad. I had fun, made new friends and the managers always treated us to Starbucks or Jamba Juice.

The dress code was expected; wear only Abercrombie, or you would have to cover up or remove labels of non-A&F clothing (but they had to look like A&F's style). Makeup needed to be simple. I loved how they let us wear sandals everyday, lol. But the only thing that made me an odd ball was my tattoo and piercings. But our manager, he was cool as shiet and sooo cute, had tats on his inner arms (he always reminded us that tats are accepted but nothing offensive). And hair color must be of natural tone (no blue, pink, etc.).

But that was about 5 years ago. I don't know how things are done now. When I left (I only worked there for about 7 months), all the non-Caucasian employees oddly dissapeared (quit? fired? Who knows). I was informed that a new Caucasian manager would be taking over our store. All of a sudden, my hours were cut to nothing. I spoke with her about it and all she said was, "Well, I'm going to have to get to know you more before I can give your hours back!". WTF?? After she said that, I left A&F. 4 months passed, and I recieved papers regarding a Class Action Lawsuit. A few months pass, I get another notice and recently I got another notice. Crazy! Oh another thing, the person who referred me to work at A&F at the time was an employee (a good friend of mine too) who was black and openly gay! I bet he recieved a lot of money from the lawsuit. lol
Sorry about the long story and off topic of Hooters; I had to vent. lol

Another reason I don't wear Abercomnie/Hollister besies it being totally tacky, they are prejudice smh

paperfishies

I was a hooters girl for a brief period in college. It was fun at times and I made grrreat tips, especially on nights there were big ball games on. I easily made $500 a week in tips alone, especially if I worked the weekend nights..and at the time I was a poor college student, living in Florida where cost of living is outrageous, so this money was awesome to me at the time

At the time I was a hooters girl, we weren't allowed to have any visible tattoos and the only piercings allowed were ears.

It got old really quick though because no matter what, you would get guys in there who treated you like absolute shit, the way they would talk to you would be something you'd expect to hear in a seedy strip club and it would get worse as they drank. Now, 9 times out of 10 the assholes would be asked to leave but it still became a stale situation and many of time, I would "accidently" spill an entire thing of beer on said assholes.

You were expected to be nice, friendly, bubbly and flirty at all times.

Also, of course...You were expected to stay in shape. If you started gaining or looking like crap, it would get brought up.

LMD84

if it's what you want to do then go for it and i hope that you find happiness. it's a shame that only after a 2nd interview they said they are over staffed and will let you know though
ssad.gif

personally i wouldn't want to work there.... i couldn't deal with all the rule! not that i'd be hired anyways! i have un-natural hair, fat, bright makeup and i have a tattoo on my wrist! hooters worst nightmare!
tong.gif

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
Make sure your leggings have NO runs. Or you'll be yelled at.

I was in the US the summer of 2002, and I visited Hooters with my ex-boyfriend - you know, men - and this one girl had a big hole in her pantyhose.. it looked so tacky! :p