Studio Conceal & Correct Dec 26th

xkurwamacx

too dark for me, so
fluffy.gif

Icecaramellatte

I've been using the correctors in the palette I'm wondering about the texture in the wand. I will probably get the duo too. The concealer I the palette feels a bit creamer than the one in the single pot.

Dalshandra

I picked up one of the duo wands when I went to play with the Lightness of Being testers and I have absolutely loved it! I didn't expect to find an HG product but so far it has been perfect for my undereye darkness.

I tried the Prolongwear concealer with the pump top and the color was good but the formula ALWAYS looked dry and cakey no matter how much I buffed or tried moisturizing the skin. I wouldn't even set with any powder and it would still dry down cakey for me. The duo wand is smooth and and pigmented for me. When it dries down, I just see normal looking skin with just the right amount of concealing and color correction.

I have dry undereye skin so if you are very oily to begin with and find you need to powder to keep concealer in place, this product might not be a perfect match for you so definitely play with the texture even just on your arm to see how it feels.

Hope this is helpful and Happy New Year!!
flower.gif

erine1881

I've been using the correctors in the palette I'm wondering about the texture in the wand. I will probably get the duo too. The concealer I the palette feels a bit creamer than the one in the single pot.
They're always a bit creamier when they're brand new, and then dry up just a tad over time.

RayannaBanana

I saw the Studio Fix Powder Plus foundation released with these and it made me want to try one. I'm just not sure which shade to pick, NW15 or 10. Does anyone know which one is the closest to the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light?

erine1881

I saw the Studio Fix Powder Plus foundation released with these and it made me want to try one. I'm just not sure which shade to pick, NW15 or 10. Does anyone know which one is the closest to the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light?
I highly recommend getting matched in person with these. They run lifhter than other foundations, they tend to oxidize on some people, and they're MAC's second fullest coverage foundation. They also show any dryness if you have dry skin. And they flashback horribly! I'm not a fan of this foundation whatsoever!

madameb

The correctors have a nice consistency. Better coverage then studio lights and better texture then the prep and prime highlighters. They are really smoothing and don't add texture to the skin or look dry/crepey IMO

GucciGirl

Today I went to check out the wand duo's and it is crazy pigmented! I swatched the ochre/orange one and even after I wiped my hand off its still there. I made a mistake and got some on the palm of my hands and it kind of stained it a little. I haven't tried to wash it yet because I wanted ti take a picture but I have wiped it vigorously with a paper tissue and its not moving. I didn't end up getting it because I need to use the ones in my 6 pan palette first but when I do need another concealer/corrector this will definitely be the one.

P.S. The texture was creamy liquidy...not too runny but not thick where it wont move or blend.

Icecaramellatte

Do I need the duo concealer? I've been dragging my heels on it. I had one in the pot, 2 concealer palettes and an old stick concealer and the old trio concealer. I use one of the colors only in the summer. But I ran out of my single pot today and thought. Why not? Well, 3 stores were soldout so of course my mind starts making me think I need it. I'm not sure it is much different from going to the pro store and buying 2 colors and a duo palette. Am I right?

patentg33k

Any thoughts on the acne gel and eye primer??
I'm tempted by the acne gel primer--the tube is super small--about 1/2 the size of most primers. I tried it on the back of my hand at a store, it reduced pores and mattified. I haven't worn it on the face.

The texture of the eye primer is very similar to UDPP. Sorry, I never gave it a good try, just giving you my 2 cents fwiw

Monsy

Thank you so much!

Acne gel I wouldn't use all over just as a spot treatment.

And for the eye primer I have couple of the UD but was just curious if MAC finally made anything worth mentioning

pinkcrush

Studio Conceal and Correct Duo - is the best MAC concealer ever - in my opinion, of course :pp:
Agreed!!! My Rich Yellow/Burnt Coral gets more use than ANY concealer I own... I also notice I use wayyy less foundation when using the coral end to cancel out dark areas first!!! I use the yellow end to brighten up the under eye area slightly, using my foundation brush to blend it out since it already has product on it... This emulsion creates a natural highlight, ideal for daytime